@ work, limitted to what photos I can post, but threw this together on picnik.com. I like the quote, and well the pic of me and my mother, you've seen it a million times. Time to memorize it. As I've aged, I've noticed her face in mine more, and more. It scares me more than it excites me. You think when someone dies, you'll never see them again, but I've caught glimpses of her in my own reflection, forcing me to face her. "Wait, they don't love you like I love you"- (MAPS - Yeah Yeah Yeahs).
Finally, finally feeling like old self, that was the longest bug in the history! I am not one to enjoy laying around a lot. Also, Finally, got up to the waterpark to get our season passes. My water babies were super excited! Ashlee kept flying down the slides and then squealing "Mommy! This is fun!!" She makes my heart melt, even if she is the world's biggest stinker! They have this new beach area and it reminds me of the beach pool area at the Moody Gardens in Galveston. So Cool! I'm not a fan of sand in the crotch but it really is endless entertainment. There is a baby pool area so I don't have to be hovering over the girls. B can go in the bigger area w/ a life vest but not without me. She gets frustrated with me, but what are mothers for?
When we got home, Ashlee slept for about 3 hours. LOL. I did take pics w/ my old camera at the water park, but will have to wait to post them since I'm at work.
Then....I got a total bee in my bonnet....I took everything decorative off of mantles, shelves, etc in my two living areas (which is really just one big area) and re-did it all. I also moved the white shelves, the big green chair, totally staged my house. Things look cleaner and just better. It made me feel better about my house. People make fun of me b/c I'm always moving furniture. I CAN'T HELP IT! I've been doing this since I could use my thunder thighes as a tool. If you are trying to do the mental math on that one, let me help you, about 3rd grade! Ok, I did take before and after photos but again, no acess to them here, but I would like feedback. hahhha.
In other news, my girls are doing so great in tumbling class. It is so cute to watch little Ashlee stretching and putting her nose on her knees. TOO FREAKIN CUTE. As for B and her seriousness, she looks great, her rolls, balance beams. She is so focused. Cheer is in it's off season and I have no idea what she works on b/c she is way in the back of the gym. My guess would be tumbling, cartwheels, etc. I can't wait for the new season. I really had fun this past season! At age 3 Miss A.M can join a team! How cool will that be, two little girls in cheer. Mommy might have to work extra hours.$$$$
Have to tell this story- yesterday B comes in the door w/ a life size Cinderella doll, she said the neighbor girl gave it to her.
Me, "Oh my gosh! Brookelyn, what is that thing!?"
B, "Please let me keep it"
Me, "It is too big for our house and I just cleaned!! You need to quit bringing home crap from their house, we have enough of our own!"
B, "Please Mommy"
Me, "Fine for a while, then we are getting rid of it"
Ok so the neighbor girls told her the doll eats plastic, drinks water, and gets up in the middle of the night to clean.
B said something about the water. I flipped.
Me, "you better not have really brought a doll in this house that pees!"
B, "It's just water"
Me, "I don't care, that doll is giant and I don't want her peeing water on my floors or furniture!"
B, crying, "I don't want it anymore"
Me, "What is wrong?? I'm confused."
B, "I just don't want it anymore"
I walk over this doll, hike up her dress, pull down down her panties NO HOLE. "THIS DOLL DOESN'T HAVE A PEE HOLE!"
B, "Just get it out of here!"
Me, "Brookelyn, stop crying. They lied to you. This doll does nothing but lay there. If you want her, you can keep her"
B, balling, "Put it somewhere else. I want to give it back but I don't want to do it"
So I put crappy Cinderella in the garage.
At bedtime, hours later, B started wimpering, "Mommy, I just keep thinking about that doll, and it doing stuff"
Me, "I PROMISE THAT DOLL DOESN'T GET UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND DO STUFF!" (I WISH)
Daddy told her the same thing, the doll is in the garage and cannot do anything. She couldn't get past what the girls across the street had told her. I kept telling her that they lied. I plan on talking to them about this, although I do think B needs to learn this lesson, sometimes kids, your friends, LIE, just to get you! They think it is funny.
I don't.
This created way too much drama for my high strung self. B and I were at one point screaming at one another. (Not my best moment) Once her tears started, I hugged her and said I was sorry for yelling but the fact remains that the doll started all this. I stayed firm in my new rule NO BRINGING HOME TOYS FROM OTHER PEOPLE'S HOUSES.






