Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Ramblings



Obviously I keep diving in to the same pics for posting. I like to have a pic per blog......anyway....
so my day.....
Ate muffins on the couch w/ the fam. Ashlee and I split one. I did a little laundry. I put in the movie "Andre" and laid w/ the girls while Michael left to get us lunch - and dr. peppers from store. I can't help it. I'm having a relasp! Of course once I have one, I can't ever finish it. Wow, I am so interesting today.
Then I left for work a little early to get eyebrow and lip wax, then go tan. Once I finished w/ the tanning, I got in my car, put in reverse and realized my right front tire was totally FLAT. I was unable to drive on it. I called Michael with hesitation, I knew he would not be happy.
M, "hello"
Me, "Hi, I have a flat tire and I'm stranded" (duh, of course I'm stranded)
M, sighs "Where are you?"
Me, "Right in front of Palm Beach Tan"
Him, "Where is that?"
Me, "Michael, duh, right here on Rufe Snow next to wear I get waxed"
Him, "I DON'T KNOW WHERE THAT IS"
Me, thinking, omg, what a moron, "Next to the Tom Thumb that closed down like 3 years ago, like 2 seconds from our house, like across the street from 7/11 and Goodwill!!"
Him, "Oh, near Blockbuster?"
oooooooooooohhhh myyyyyyyyyyy gosh, are we really having this conversation, doesn't he live in the same house as i do?
Me, TRYING to remain calm and not sound too pissy, "yes HUN, same side as Blockbuster but like 50 feet further, just across from Walgreens"
Him, "uhhh ok I'll look for you"
Me, "you can't miss me, I'm the idiot standing outside her car in front of the big yellow sign that says PALM BEACH TAN!"
Ten minutes later he arrives. I guess it took 9 minutes to find the most hideous clothing to put on miss B and then of course the 1 min. to drive from house to where I was. Both girls do not have shoes on.
Me, "I would have prefer you leave Brookelyn in her pjs and put shoes on the girls."
Him, "Seriously, you are going to start in?"
Me, "Just sayin........(trying to shut up) that they keep trying to get out of your car and we can't even let them walk around"
Ok, I drop it, he is not happy about my flat.
It takes 15 min to locate spare and tools. Another 10 to raise the car one inch. Finally some guy comes over w/ like a magic, fast jack, but apparently not high enough of a jack, so then more jacking w/ our crappy jack. Me staying the heck away, watching two grown men grunt under my car, wondering just how late to work I'll be at this pace. I said to B, "look at daddy"
B says, "TEEHEE his bobo is showing"
Then she says, "Is that other man a plumber"
I CRACK UP! Where did that come from? Just because they both have plumber cracks? Is she THAT smart? So I said 'no' and she said, "well then what is he?"
I say, "I don't know, a nice man doing a nice thing, helping daddy fix my car"
Finally the dippy spare gets put on and I realize I can't drive to South Fort Worth on that piece of crap of a tire and also, I'm not sure I trust the shotty job that just got performed, which by the way took way too long. (But I can't complain, I'd still be sitting there in that parking lot if he didn't come, bless his little heart for getting those perfect, soft computer fingers dirty!LOL)
So I take his car to work, oh but not first recognizing that the lady did a crappy wax job on upper lip. I showed Michael and even he laughed! I knew something had to be done, so I walked over there, mind you in my Sunday Work Outfit, pink sweats and bright blue shirt w/ a picture of a cassette on it. Classy! I walk in and politely tell the lady she missed a piece and I point to it on my face like a total nerd. We go in the wax room and she can't see it, nor does she speak my language. I keep telling her "Oh its there, a big patch of blond hair, I mean its not black, maybe that is why you can't see it, but even my husband saw it, it's b/c I was putting powder on my face in the sunlight and that is better lighting" She still couldn't find it, so I said, "Lets go outside and I'll show you!" I was being so sweet and apologetic not snotty and she was really kind to me, she just couldn't find the hair. So we go outside w/ a mirror and finally she sees it and notices she has to wax again. She said it was b/c my hair is so fine there, which might be true, however, it was a big patch she totally missed.
So back to going to work. I take M's car which turns its own volume down w/o being touched. ANNOYING. I say to his car, "Car! I am trying to listen to this Rhianna cd super loud, stop taking it down to mute, dummy!"
There is a way to prevent it which is popping down the face plate (I know, ghetto right?! heeeheh) but I hate doing that b/c I'm constantly wanting to change songs and/or cds. So imagine me finding a perfect song, putting the volume up, popping the face plate down, getting bored w/ that song, popping the face plate back up, changing songs, adjust volume, popping face plate down, getting bored w/ that song, pop face plate back up, no wait to eject this cd i have to pop the face plate back down, hit the eject button, put No Doubt cd in, pop up face plate, find my jam, turn it up, pop face plate down, ugh MISS MY HONDA! (I'm such a snobby baby)
I get to work, and it has been kinda busy, but I love staring out the window. Ah man, busy week ahead. First things first, get tire fixed!