Sunday, May 17, 2009

Spindletop



Okay, so after some research yesterday and then today seeing my Dad confirm the title of the ride I was referring to yesterday- we found the name! Spindletop!
I have learned more than I have ever cared to learn about SFOT

I also found the following "poem" on someone's blog while googling what Michael thought the name of the ride was "Roto Disco". I knew that was not the name, but indulged him nevertheless! As you know, or maybe you don't, I have a great love for poetry. I'm always a little disappointed in myself when I haven't written in a while. I DID NOT WRITE THE FOLLOWING. The girls name is at the end of it. Whoever you are, I enjoy this....
Roto Disco
Its difficult to make sentences.
Everything is still blurry,
and foreign.
I'm all over the board.
Manic style.
I'm afraid to get off of the ride.
I'm afraid if I do.
I'll just be back.
I'm stuck right here.
And I know I'm stuck.
And I know that it wont be
one single distraction
that gets me off of the ride.
But that's all I know.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Posted by Brandy Alexander at 6:25 PM

I couldn't help but think about my Amy, but of course thinking of life in general. Aren't we all here from time to time? Overall, I think there is so much to STILL be grateful for.
2. Life is so full of pain (how to go about dealing is the true obstacle)
3. There is purpose, all of it, this, that and the other, gives great purpose to our lives
4. I hate to say it, but seize the day, this is my chant even on the most mundane of days, days I do not want to work, days that offer nothing superb or exciting.

My new favorite things these days:
1. STILL my RANT phone, so fun!
2. My Lady GAGA cd- can't help it, I LOVE LOVE IT
3. My Mary Kay make up and skin care line- PERFECTION
4. My New favorite lotion that I gave out as teacher appreciation and mothers day gifts AVOJUICE SKIN QUENCHERS COCONUT MELON JUICE BY O.P.I (smells like SUMMER!) AND actually moisturizes.
5. My red fleece blanket that my Uncle Paul got me for Xmas some time during college. It has been like my 'sookie' and those of you who know what that means, good job. Sookie was my baby blanket that I slept with from infancy to high school. This red fleece one is my FAV. The girls know exactly what I'm talking about when I say, "Please go find Mommys blanky!" They always come draggin it all over the house to wherever I am at. Oddly, I've become attached in a sentimental way to it- sort of the way Tom Hanks got w/ the volleyball in Castaway. I will be taking it w/ us on our vacation.
6. chik-fila- yep on a kick again and then when I'm off of it I'll be sickened by the word, but right now, I cannot seem to get enough of the chicken sandwich meal and sweet tea
7. Level 5 beds- I only have a couple more to use and then I will have to rely on the real sun for my summer glow. Until then it has been a high for me, getting dark again and getting excited about the summer. The heat of the bed fills my heart with joy, it scorches my face and I can feel the new wrinkles forming and I'm like "WHO THE HECK CARES" b/c when you are getting your fix, nothing matters.
8. Amber and Candices Tortilla Chicken soup. Next time I gotta freeze some up, but it was so good even on the 3rd day. Aubrey and I work ate some and it was total yummo. It must go in that recipe book I've been promising to make for 8 years!
9. My new purse, not real, but looooooooooving it. Yep I'm so shallow, a new purse brings me closer to Heaven. The reason this makes the list is because I was NEVER purse girl. Not in Jr. High. Not in h.s and only sorta in college. I love bags, totes, etc.. so I was always super satisfied w/ a good Jansport. Well, what I've discovered in my early 30s is that I love purses, b/c I have found a secret loophole that allows me to carry the latest trends WITHOUT spending $400 dollars. Don't judge me, not only does my Heaven have Target stores but it also has designer handbags on the cheap.
10. The Gap- you know how I get- keep me away or just expect that I will go MANIC. I love the clothes (still after all these years, after my first pair of Gap jeans in
8th grade), the underwear, the bras, the loungewear, ETC. And to be fair, I do love me some Kohls, which was a long time in the making, Kohls and I were barely acquaintances in the beginning, now I LOVE it.

I hope this list doesn't make me look shallow. People come first but its just a favorite things list-- THINGS.

At work, must get back to staring at the computer and being startled by the phone, oh and Tiffany's random outbursts, sometimes I don't know if she is talking to me, on her cell phone, the t.v or just to air. Whatever the case, it wakes me up and makes me smile. I have the best job on earth.