
Not much to say. Staying busy. Cheer. Girl's school. My work. Tumble. Geppetto vet (he is fine, just a cold and virus or something), cleaners, Target, Tan, Clean house, get Italian take out, make breakfast for dinner, go to parks.
So, a little something strange....
Week before last
"Hey girls, before we go to Mommy's appt, lets get snowcones and go to the park and eat them!" We were in South Arlington, MY old stomping grounds so I knew the best place to get a cone (snow hut on Green Oaks)
B, "What's a snowcone?????"
Me, "um, gosh, you've never had one? You just don't remember, but it is a little bit of colored Heaven and icy cold!"
B, "So like a slurpee?" (My colorful descriptions are wasted on her, she's like cut to the chase basket case)
Me, "Well KIND OF like a slurpee only BETTER SOOOO MUCH BETTER"
We pull up- CASH ONLY. Crap, how could I forget, all these years they have never taken anything but cash. That's cool, there is a 7/11 right here next to it. Come on girls, lets get some dinero!
We go inside (cue arabian music) and I ask the clerk if I can pull a little cash w/ my check card.
Rude Accent Man, "yes, five dollar"
Me, "oh five? Do I have to buy something" -at grocery stores you don't have to. you can just go up to a lane and use your card w/o purchasing a thing.
Rude man, "YES YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE SOMETHING. YOU HAVE TO BUY FIVE DOLLAR WORTH TO GET FIVE DOLLAR"
Me, growing confused, and already on an aisle looking for something to buy, "So I have to buy something and it has to be five dollars? It can't be like a sucker?"
Angry man, "NO! I lose money! We have ATM in back of store!"
Me, "well those machines charge me fees"
Pissy, "THEY CHARGE ME FEE TOO. I LOSE MONEY!!!!"
Meanwhile I notice 3 gambling machines with questionable people seated at them. Where am I? What has happened to South Arlington? I am starting to feel uncomfortable. "Ashlee don't touch that! It is dirty!!!"
Finally, I decide, I just want the flip out of here. I'm thinking to myself, 'all I am trying to do is get snowcones for my girls, how hard can this task be'
So I give slurpee accent man a dirty look and say nothing. We go to the ATM machine which is a centimeter away from the gamblers. I stick my card it ENGLISH ENGLISH I pressed English CHECKING YES THAT IS CORRECT NO NO NO NOT A RECEIPT THIS NEEDS TO BE FAST NO DON'T SHOW ME MY BALANCE I'M NEXT TO TWO DRUGGIES WHO ARE GAMBLING RIGHT NEXT TO ME, GIVE ME MY $20 CHARGE ME THE OUTRAGEOUS FEE AND GET ME OUT OF HERE I'M HAVING A PANIC ATTACK AND ABDULJA WHO IS STARING AT ME IS NOT MAKING THINGS BETTER. There is goes, it flashes my balance. OK OK OK I saw it, give me my $20, we don't need everyone seeing how much is in there! This is not the place or time. I'm not going down like this -- remember, there are certain places I refuse to lose my life.
Got my money, yanked my kids and got the hell out of dodge (well about 15 feet to the snow cone place) Kids tasted bliss, sung w/ angels, B got 'orange', A got 'green-lime', Mommy got 'nerds'- yes the best one by far! Went to park, giggled, slurped, played.
Yesterday after A calmed down from crying and B got out of time out.
A, "Bookwau hit me on the head like this (and bops herself on head"
B, "NOOOOOOOO THAT IS NOT HOW I DID IT"
Me, "Please don't show me how you did it, I think we all get it, you hit her on the head, the end, kiss her and say I love you NOW!"
B, "Look what I made Mommy"
It is a shoe box filled w/ paper shreddings that she colored first and then cut in to strips
Me, "Wow, I love it!"
B, "I made it in case you have another baby"
Me, "I don't think I'll be doing that, you two are enough"
Is is odd I never addressed what the box would be for. Will the baby sleep in it? Eat from it? Just play w/ it? Eat IT? Hmmm.
Upcoming Events-
I'll be working some Monday overnights, maybe just partial nights while a coworker is out on medical leave. It was my choice and I can discontinue at any time, but the extra $ will be great.
Mayfest is weekend of May 4th- something I never miss! AND Miss K.D is performing, yay! We are double excited now.
Going to Abilene for my niece Cheyleigh's 2nd b-day this Thurs-Sat. Happy Birthday sweet angel!
Hope to go to L.A to see Katy soon- I'm workin on it - Mommy could use the time away!






