Friday, March 27, 2009

Griffin is HOME!




Griffin is home. I think I am in shock. I'm writing this at 12:37 a.m! Here is what happened. At 10:30 I turned off the t/v and went to sleep. Michael stayed up downstairs. I had a hard time falling and staying asleep, despite being very tired from the benedryl and tyl p.m. The benedryl I am taking for excema for my foot and the tyl pm is b/c I have to wake up for work so early on Saturdays. At 11:30pm I hear my cell phone ring. I call down to Michael to look at the phone. He mumbles and groans but does it. He says, "I don't know Candice, it is a 656 number". I hear the voicemail go off and lay there thinking, 'I am not really sleeping well, maybe I should check the voicemail, then again, it is probably a wrong number, everyone is programmed in my phone' Right then, it rings again, this time Michael is very aggravated and I'm still laying in bed upstairs. I hear him answer and I hear him say "Yes, orange and white?" I FLEW OUT OF BED. I ask for the phone and it is a lady TWO streets behind me. We actually spoke face to face a day after Griff went missing. I saw she had a kitty door and a bunch of cats. Then then next week, she is one of the houses I put a flier on the door step. She said that my cat was in her garage and that her cats wouldn't go in there. She said she saw him a few days ago in a different yard but could not find my number. She said tonight she luckily found it and she knew how bad I wanted him back. I told her I'd be right over. I ran upstairs, threw on sweats and ran out the door. I got in the car and headed the wrong way since I am not used to going the opposite way in this neighborhood, as it does lead anywhere, plus keep in mind, I'm medicated and now extremely excited to get him back. I get there and she had him in a cage. I am returning her cage tomorrow. As soon as I got home Michael was standing at the back door waiting for us. We both start cuddling him and talking to him, and he starts purring. He is skinny, filthy, and his beautiful fur is matted. We gave him a bath and some canned food. He seems really happy to be home.
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!