Thursday, March 5, 2009

31




Here are the sweet girls making Daddy's cake, and thus, my leftover cake for my bday. lol. It was tasty but I kind of screwed it up when I put the icing on too soon. oh well. still yummy. I had a great day on my birthday yesterday. First I was awakened by Amber ringing the door bell at 7 am. You know what went through my head when I heard the doorbell. I don't even have to say it. I was laying in bed, barely awake, in a tshirt and thought, "there is no way that is the neighborhood kids!" Thankfully, (for them) it was not, it was Amber. I quickly threw on jammie pants and a sweatshirt. I was disoriented. "Hey, what are you doing here nerd"
Her, "well I knew I had to get going early b/c I know how yall start your day super early and I wanted to be the first one to say happy birthday"
Um, mission accomplished!
She brought me donuts, starbucks and a gift. Too sweet. I have to say, I can't remember the last time someone did something THAT KIND. Last year, the highlight gift was Katy's giftcard to get a massage, her orders!
Then going back to yesterday, Kelli wrote a special blog for me! It was a total surprise. She didn't tell me about it. She tricked me, said something else was posted that I needed to see. She wrote about us becoming fast friends in high school. That was the truth! She couldn't help it, she thought I was funny and I thought and still do think, she is gorgeous.
Amber's note w/ my gift was so heart felt, about loving me dearly and how much she adores me. I am starting to feel narcissistic. I guess I am in awe over ALL of my dear friends. The ones that call me b/c they know when I've had a rough day or they call b/c they know I'm home or they run errands w/ me, because, why not. I have these great girlfriends that really help my soul blossom. I can't tell you how many problems a friend has helped me through.
It is a rare thing to have the focus on me, so to everyone who called or wrote me messages to wish me a happy b-day, thank you. It is a gratifying experience to see how loved I am. I take none of it forgranted.
So, what did Queen of Candyland do w/ five hours of free time, while girls were in school and I was given day off from work? Well, not a ton, but, I did get a new piercing on my ear, you know, the knobby part. Yes, ouch. I was all alone. I needed my dad or something to be there laughing or something or gosh Kristyn to hold my hand, but nope I was alone and it was over before I knew it! Then I made a return to Sams, sandals that fit funky. I also bought mini kotex pads. LOL. Then I went to mall to make another return. The girls sunglasses from Gymboree were defective. I exchanged those, got a new pair of shoes and hit the door to go get my babies. I got them home and Ashlee Morgan was in agony w/ her molars. It took all my strength to hold her and console her and get her to sleep.
Miss B gave me a bracelet that was hers, all wrapped up and a picture frame she made from popscicle sticks. Michael let me go shopping and buy whatever I wanted, lol, and got me the sweetest card ever and candy. I was mad about the candy. I said "Michael! I'm trying to lose weight not gain it! Plus I hate nuts" I was such a witch. Five minutes later I was eating it.
Ok, so I'm 31, a beginning, an ending, and new chances to be a change!