Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Omigosh, all I do is Ramble!



Just about that time for this again.... :) Miss B, the world's most patient 5 year old.

So I took my own advice, the attitude and confidence, being my best this week. Have you? Oh, wait a minute this isn't Dear Candice....not an editorial where I respond to your problems. That's what the phone is for. Right ladies?

I've had my rebecca st james cd in all week. I have a few of them but "god" remains my fav. Ever since it was just a tape and Kristyn and I stumbled on this singer while on an outing w/ our mom. Gosh, that old? Well, the girls love it too. Some of the songs are cheesy but all are catchy and uplifting. Sometimes a gal just needs praise music. I'm secure in my adulthood to admit being dark and mysterious while also being cheer mom who drives an SUV, bakes in her free time and even listens to worship music. Call it my dose of faith! Who needs labels when you can just be yourself, when I can just be me and not worry that someone thinks it's odd I love Michael Jackson............and........."our god is an awesome god" song. If you only knew this is the tip of the complex iceburg w/ me. I think we spend our whole life criticizing the crap we went through and trying to perfect it.......and then......the now reality of it all.....that anything unsightly from my past is just that, past tense. Now I just get to accept myself and sit and be in awe over the great life I've been given. I'm almost 31, I love that age already, I love myself, as person, inside and out, from here, I just want to get better, not look back and wish I had done this or that. I see a lot of adults still in turmoil and it makes me sad. If only they knew how great life can be once you finally start living it! For me the day to start really living it, seem to come at B's birth. I was wanting to start it the day of my wedding, but at that time, I was 23, I knew nothing, except that he was to be my husband and the father of my babies. I couldn't imagine life w/o him, but at the time, it was probably a box to check. Thankfully it was the right box to check! All of this growing we have done together is still a process and journey, but at least we are living in the moment, savoring every sweet second and letting it settle before biting for more. It is so easy to want for more. Every single day my house frustrates me. It needs so much tlc and repairs. However, there is only so much we can do. It is a financial battle, a time and energy one as well. I just have to stop myself when I start to feel greedy and remind myself, it is all in all a fine home (with some major and minor issues) LOL.
This girl is tired! I haven't responded to emails. I have cleaned all day, worked out this morning, too hard if you ask me, and painted my toenails black. I always wanted to see what they'd look like, now I know, and I kinda like it :)