What a funky weekend. I worked a TON in a short amount of time. I cannot complain. It is not hard work, I can relax, and most of the time I am not busy. Although, I was there so much this weekend (including overnight) that I became a little stir crazy. I was sleepy too, duh. Since the girls are still in Dallas w/ their grandparents, I came home to an empty house and took a nap. I had every intention of watching Meet Joe Black, which I have never seen. However, they speak so softly in the movie, I quickly fell asleep for two hours. I woke up to Michael calling asking what to bring home for dinner. Here are the choices I gave him "Long Johns or Subway". This makes me giggle. Be bad or be good. Thankfully, he thinks clearly for me when I am too tired to do so for myself, so Subway it is. I make it easy on him, "tell them everything on it w/ mayo". I ate like I had been starved all weekend. I'm just so lazy, I don't take anything much to work, lots of slimfast, oatmeal, lean cuisines or v8s, and of course popcorn.
Yesterday when I got home from work, I was on an 8 hour break, so we went out to dinner, afterall, no kids, and it was v-day! I almost don't know how to act. I end up staring at other families and babies. But, not to worry, I soak it up being out w/ my man and not having distractions. It's like "oh hello there, when did you get that haircut?" or "where did that shirt come from, I like it" or "you eat carrots?" These are of course vague and a little fabricated, but you get the idea. "Hi I'm Candice, I was born in 1978 and we've been married for almost 8 years and this is wierd talking to you instead of texting or emailing you"
It has been kind of an odd week (last week) and I don't want to say too much since this is a public forum. However, someone, a neighbor/friend fell ill this week and was taken to hospital. I was sick with fear wondering what was wrong. She is home now and her mother tells me she will be fine. It was a relief to hear such comforting words. Maybe you just don't realize how much your heart is capable for caring about others, until tested.
Then, sadly, one of Ashlee's sweet and dear teachers lost her husband this week. He was awaiting a new heart and his body fell too ill and he lost his battle. She has shown such amazing strength and faith. It renews me, it really does. Every persons life, near or far from my life, is a learning lesson and stepping stone for me. What can I learn from this tragedy, in the midst of all these tears I shed for Mrs. J? Both of A's teachers are AWESOME and this is our 3rd Mothers Day Out to experience. I have never met women, so young and so excited to be loving on others' children. Please keep this family close to your heart. They have two sons, 11 and 6. Also, must note, the wonderful man who passed away taught Brookelyn's class Spanish, he was a volunteer. I never put it together that she was learning spanish from Ashlee's teacher's husband, I guess no one ever really told me, or maybe I was too aloof. Whatever the case, B knows him and he is the one who taught her how to count to ten in spanish and her colors! I remember the day she came home perfecting the skill, and all along I had no idea who was teaching her the Spanish at the school. If you want to know anything else about this sweet family, please just email me privately. I have probably said enough here. This is my journal and it feels good to share my thoughts. My heart always feels clensed when I write.
It is an unusually quiet night. Just Michael and I here in our living room and the silence from no B and A! I miss them so much! However, I continue to grow and learn and let them be free to nourish other relationships in their tiny lives. Because I consider myself a selfless Mother, this has become easier, letting go for a couple of days and learning to prosper in the silence. I love looking around and seeing where they left stuff, and finding it doesn't bother me much when they aren't here. A stuffed elephant in the hallway, a shoe in the kitchen, just one, and goldfish crumbs on the couch, funny how trivial it all is when they aren't here for me to instruct a clean up. Yes, I suppose I needed the "down" time, the killer work hours, um, only on an as needed basis :)
So, I get girlies back tomorrow. Dad flies in Wed.- I am sooooo very excited. As people already know, he is very special to me, always has been and always will be. At this point in my life, I don't ask for much from others -- just to love me and accept me AS IS (there are no returns) and he does this.
Kristyn has taken a few days off too, so this should be an exciting time! Miss B has her last "competition" in Fort Worth next weekend. It's Nationals but as I have stated before at this level, she is a show team, not actually competing-- but tell that to the trophy she gets! HA! They really are making quite the athlete out of her. I couldn't be more excited and proud. Who knew such pride would come with being a Mom?
New Project
12 years ago






