Am I obvious? That I adore my daughters this much!! Talk about a hobby that brings me utmost joy! The pictures alone have me spinning in to space, happily.
I am happy to report that my acute cold I had for a couple of days is gone. I give credit to OTC drugs and the many natural remedies I injest. Ask Michael about my "cocktails" of Emergen C w/ an airborne tab dropped in it, and hey, while I'm at it, drop in an alka selzter cold and throw it back, chase down w/ children's benedryl. I've been so high all week I didn't know if I was coming or going. I wasn't sure if I was tired or hyper. I was OBLIVIOUS! But, that is not a far cry from who I am anyway, so whatev. I'm drug free today. Day two w/o the OTC drugs and it feels good being back in my brain. Familiar territory has a way of making me nostalgic. Oh healthy Candice, welcome back, we have missed you so! I can say this, mothers are not built to get sick. I mean, literally, bad things happen when mommy gets sick. Cat gets out of house. Who cares. Toddler runs naked all day, it might be 45 outside. Who cares. Five year old is crafting, using mommy's mail, candy wrappers, grown up scissors. Who the heck cares? Mommy will when she gets back from her cold induced coma.
So, damage control is what I have been doing...trying to get the girls to wear their shoes in the backyard again.......feeding the cat again....wiping slop off of the counters and faces, check bank statement, pay bills, buy food, lay out M's precious socks and not threaten death if he asks me to pack his lunch. When I'm sick, I am a big meanie to him. I don't like the way he even looks at me w/ those eyeballs and that mouth asking for stuff like a glass of milk or a clean t-shirt or new deoderant b/c his is all gone. WAAAAAAA.
Yes, it is good for all of mankind that I be well.
I'm so excited it didn't turn in to an infection and require going to a dr.
Some of my favorite things, in case people want to know what gets me through a day in my life
1. proactive skin care
2. bluetooth (wireless ear piece for cell phone grandma)
3. my reading glasses, I wear them on computers and reading books, I get to look like lisa loeb, look smart, and here is the best part, they help me see. I heart my anne klein glasses from the sugar land eye masters.
4. my green robe
5. my electric blanket
6. any one of my pj pants and cami tops
7. my girls personalized bags, backpacks
8. my girls portable dvd player, we may not use a lot but when we do, it is a life saver
9. my cds
10. my mp3 player (portable music playing device grandma)
11. my laptop aka oxygen
12. my needy friends, all of you - you make me feel special and important and more and more like a licensed counselor. You know, I only have my B.S in Rehab Counseling and that's Bachelors in Science not the other BS, but sometimes I confuse the two as well
13. my guy friends, I don't have many, but they help me be less of a petty b*^#$
14. my blog, duh, lifeline
15. my jetted tub, heaven, oval shaped, w/ an engine
16. my sky lights, I don't care if it isn't 1986 anymore, I still like em
17. my crockpot, poor lil thing, was packed away for too long and now we've rekindled our love affair
18. my white appliances
TO BE CONTINUED.........MUST WORK NOW :)
New Project
12 years ago






