Thursday, January 29, 2009

Peace Inside Aggravation

This is my very first picture taken with my new Sony camera Michael bought me. I am still so tickled that he basically dragged me to Best Buy to pick out a new camera. He asked all of the questions, while I stood there feeling like a fish out of water, still inside my funk. He knows that a new "toy" isn't what will bring me joy, but instead the better quality and different features I now have to take pics of my favorite people in the world!! This was taken this past Monday. B is always ready for a pose. I didn't have to alter it. I didn't want to artsy it up. I just wanted my first pic to be seen in the raw form. Well, I can honestly say that since writing about my funky rut, that things have somewhat improved. I think, for me, it is just the acknowledging part. Once I get it out there, then there is no going back. I have found peace inside my aggravation. I've asked for it, the peace, not the aggravation. I figure that part isn't going anywhere but the peace part is only going to come if I really want it to. I can't say that my head isn't spinning at times. Of course it is. I still have to go out in public with two children don't I?
Which brings me to this story:
Picked girls up from MDO. Came home, to chill, B watched Spongebob in her room on her portable dvd player and A sort of did the same. I tried to nap A who wasn't having it. Then I get a bee in a bonnet and decide we'll go run 2 errands. I had to go to the bank to get new visa check cards printed. Yep they can print on site. The originals were sent to Houston, sent back to corporate, destroyed, and thus, I walked in to EECU and got new ones. Well, it's the bank and I don't know why, but the girls think it is really a romper room. I'm like "do you see a dang clown in here, because I DO NOT!" They start scooting along the side of the oval desk in the center of lobby. I'm trying to talk to the lady while snapping under the counter at the girls. I start talking through my teeth, begging white trash candice not to emerge. So then I instruct B "sit right here and don't move or talk"
She does
For about 10 seconds and I look up and they are both gone. They had scooted all the way around this desk thing again (which is the size of a medium swimming pool and so tall I can't see them. So then I direct them to some chairs. I tell them not to move or else we will not doing anything fun ever again, EVER. Then I put my hand on my head and tell the lady, "This bank makes them act weird. I don't know why. I think because it is so quiet" Then I think 'really, b/c it is quiet Candice?' That is stupid and doesn't make sense. The lady says nothing. Then I hear B's voice, "mommy mommy" And I turn around and give my satan stare and she goes, "well mommy I see a kid's area"
Oh.
I look up and there it is. So I ask the lady- "Is that area for children over there?" She said yes. Wow, thanks for telling me. As pleasant as she was about giving me my new cards, she could care less how my experience w/ my kids was going.
So I say "that's fine, just don't run, this is a special place and no running is allowed" (freakin banchees)
Problem solved, they were happy over there, even played w/ another kid. I had some hang ups w/ my card at first b/c it at first printed as "C L Van Zandt- Heinsohn" I told the lady I don't care. I'll sign whatever I want to sign. But I think the lady feels bad that I have all that crap on my card for one name. So finally I get a card that simply says Candice Heinsohn.
Then....
We go to Walmart. I decided to return a new sewing machine b/c my old one has a missing chord but I believe it has got to be here somewhere. We used the new one when Granny was in town. Anyway, so we enter Hell and grab a cart and why oh why are there not sani-wipes at Walmart? It is the dirtiest place on earth, a little help on keeping the flu bug away from my children isn't too much to ask. It's like I start hallucinating upon impact. I see actual germs crawling up to my toddler's mouth, moving in to her throat and giving her strep.
We get to the return line and of course it's me with a bunch of unhappy people, in line, workers, you name it, killjoys EVERYWHERE. I am not helping. My girls are acting like monkeys and I'm not amused. "please stop it. please. please. just stop. because i said so. that's gross. cut it out. leave her alone. don't do that. stop stop stop. IN THE NAME OF EVERYTHING GOOD AND HOLY STOP MAKING ME FEEL LIKE I AM LEGALLY INSANE. Finally, our turn and lady takes the machine out to count parts. I understand that. I expected that. There was fabric in there - oops- I just laughed and blamed it on my Grandma who is back in Ohio. I said, oh my grandma did that and she is 79.
Also, when they asked why I was returning it (like it is any of their business), I said "well I am just not impressed. It doesn't work like my old one did. LOL. Like I am some sort of seamstress trying to make an honest living by sewing infant clothing and selling it online. Ha. I wish. Just give me my $80, thanks for the rental, Granny did a great job on the curtains and let me lol all the way back to my car.
We did.
So that's it, my exciting outing with a 2 and 5 year old, both of which who are becoming smarter than me by the second.

Also, let it be known Ashlee does not have any accidents at school. They are practically begging me to send her in panties. She does have accidents here but she also goes a lot on the potty, so not sure what to think. The baby isn't even 2 and a half. She is BARELY 2. She will be 2.5 in May, so I think I'm in a little shock here.
Tonight I gave B some spelling words I made on a piece of paper. Fox, Map, Toe, Fan, Arm, Pat. She sounded them all out on her own. Had issues w/ Toe and Arm, my bad, I'm not a teacher. Did great though. She really has that sounding out thing down. She is going to be an easy learner.