Here is a pic of the girls one year ago, 1-1-08 at the Houston Zoo. Yep, our home til April 08, not the zoo, but Houston.
Last New Years Day was fun. We did some exploring, got to visit a zoo we had never been to and it was just another day of greatness, just the 4 of us.
Today, a little less exciting but still super great. We did nothing! Oh okay, I can't possibly sit around and do nothing....so I organized A's room, did a little redecorating, went to Target and spent senseless money on anything I felt like throwing in the basket. I didn't have the girls w/ me so I felt self indulgent and spontaneous. I knew I had to get a few items for the fancy meal I making for dinner- TATOR TOT CASSEROLE -- brought to you by "The Duggars"http://www.duggarfamily.com/ They are the famous family w/ the specials on TLC who have 18 biological children. I'm a little obsessed w/ them. The girls w/ their freaky long hair and long skirts, the boys w/ their never want to date or kiss until they find "the one" when they are like 20 and that mom! She has a sweet, innocent, pure voice and is not on any drugs. WHAT? 18 kids out of my womb would require an IV drip w/ lots o' lots of the good stuff.
Back to Target-- I give total strangers advice on what to buy. In fact, I notice I am doing this all the time. Today I was helping a lady pick a space heater, like I'm some sort of expert. I say, "You look like me a couple weeks ago searching through all of these heaters, and I went w/ this one" I proceeded to give her the pros and cons but that overall I was very pleased. OMG. Stop it Candice. I am such a nerd. Then two old ladies get in front of me at the blanket section trying to figure out if Fleece or Plush is the way to go and what is the difference. Hello, fleece is the way to go if you intend to stay warm. So I start rambling on about still having my first fleece blanket given to me in college by my Uncle Paul. Again, what the freak is wrong w/ my nerdy as%? The thing is, this is Texas and last I checked, probably the friendliest place on earth. We are not mean spirited, we are everyone's friends. I let people cut in front of me on the highway. I seldom, VERY seldom get road rage, my roads are clear when I go to work so what is there to complain about? I just think if I am going to be out there occupying public space, I ought to put forth my best face, best attitude, b/c what goes around definitely comes around. Ever notice how bitchy people never get what they want? And they are always pissed. Ugh. What a life.
So I come home from my little shopping spree at Target. I mean I even bought Spongebob dixie cups. Don't ask! They were just there, calling my name and I decided the girls needed them in their bathroom.
I immediately start cleaning out the toy box and toy closet, trying so hard to make room for the new things the girls got. It is overwhelming. My idea is never to keep as much as I can in a tidy space. My thoughts are that there is only so much they can play with and if it doesn't stay minimal, it gets out of control. No thanks. This house isn't growing. I have no choice but to make it work, which usually means lots of donating and trashing stuff. I had to throw out a bear that was given to me at the hospital when I had Miss B. I would never have done it if the bears eyes weren't ripped out and had a stain on it's leg. I had no choice. I had to remember what they always say on "clean sweep"-- "hang on to the memory, not the thing" Ah, good advice and good girl me for letting go. I got a clear tote for all the baby doll stuff. Muy great idea! It has a lid, enough said. And the little people....they go in a green basket w/o a lid. Sweet harmony. We can keep our treasures, but only if it stays organized. The girls will soon find out that things that are mistreated will cost them. So far I've done a good job, they clean up when prompted. It's like teaching a dog not to pee on the carpet! Here Girls, open your hands, Mommy has cookies for the best little cleaners!
After that I did some rug shifting. This means I got a $12 rug on clearance for my living area and moved the other to the play area. It looks great. Michael said, "I thought I was supposed to help you w/ that" He is referring to walking in on me moving the recliner. I say, "I got it! I was in the mode and you were still outside" He said, "Ya, but you don't need to hurt yourself, you said you were a little crampy today" Ah, nice save. He just saved himself from being griped at. lol. True I was in a little female pain but after a little medication I was able to move again.
So, this brings me to my other update. I had my iud removed. I know, TMI. Well I was having increasing pain, and constant bloating. I've been complaining a long time but didn't want to believe I needed that thing out. I was the biggest iud advocate. But, at the end of the day, it was not for me. Now, I'm having to adjust to not having THAT hormone in my body, the mirena iud releases 20 mg of the hormone that I can't pronounce in to the body. Needless to say, I'm a little edgy. I'm in pain b/c what does any birth control do once you screw it up ladies? That's right, you get a brand new period to tote. Oh well, just another chapter in my "female issues".
The night has ended w/ Michael watching the sex and the city movie w/ me. I don't know why he watched it w/ me. I guess boredom but gotta love him for it. I hadn't seen it and we had it here so we watched it. The girls are sleeping together again in B's room. Fine by me. They are asleep, that is what counts.






