These pics are out of order. The one w/ me and my sis was from Sunday at the Madonna concert in Houston @ Minute Maid Park and the one below is at B's 1st cheer competition at the Fort Worth Convention Center.
I have lots more pics to share from both events but figured I better blog and get something up!
The competition was very awesome. I did start to get a slight stomach bug and was feeling a little under the weather. By the time all was said and done, my body was fighting me. However, during her performance I was on my knees, hands and chin on the rails, watching what I can only describe as joy, bliss, fun! I am the proud mother of a full blown cheerleader. Move over stage moms, I'm about to go nuts.
So, after the competition, I came home, fell asleep, stayed in bed the rest of the day, trying to feel better b/c Kristyn and I were driving to Houston the next morning. It worked, the next morning I felt fine. K picked me up and we headed for H-town. We got to our downtown hotel before 2pm and had 5.5 hours to kill! We got in, washed up, dressed up, and went out for some Mexican food at a place Michael and I and girls used to eat at in Sugar Land. It was bittersweet. Its such a nice, posh area, but never home. I remember forcing it to be home and still feeling sick about not being here, never unhappy about it, just sickish. Does that make sense?
Madonna came out at 9:15 p.m- we had waited for almost two hours but it gave us time to soak it all in, get our tshirts, meet people, friends, gays, mothers and daughters- it was total harmony- the mosaic of people gathering for a night to never forget. We watched people, ok, one lady, get drunk well before the show started, I sincerely hope that is never me at 45, begging for my youth, slamming back drinks in a silk shirt, pretending I don't have an office job and a family. But- in the lady's defense, it was her night out, so be it. I on the other hand wanted to be completely sober for this event. You could not have convinced me to take sudaphed, or even Tylenol, let alone a sip of alcohol. I drank tea at dinner for the energy! I knew I'd need it. My body was pretending to not fight the tummy bug and I was feeling good. She played for 2 hours and it was like unlike anything I had ever seen. It was an out of body experience and I remember feeling so thankful to be there at that very moment. It was such a rush. We were on the floor and decently close which was amazing. I remember being sad when she sang her last song and left the stage, knowing, it is quite possible I may never have such an experience again. I could have watched her all night. My feet were killing me (boots), my throat was raw, I was thirsty, and we still had six blocks to walk back to our hotel. There was a sea of people floating K and I out of the venue, all the way back to our room. We got in, took benedryl to help us sleep and laid in bed watching Nancy Grace until we passed out. At 4 a.m the bug returned and I was soooooo sick. We got home the next day before 4pm, I fell asleep. I rested all day Tuesday and hit the grind on Wed. (yesterday). I felt fine yesterday and today and am thankful it didn't linger on any longer.
I hope to post more pics from both days soon. Things are just getting crazy-- I work on Thanksgiving, I have my usual schedule too, the girls are out of "school" next week, and things just get crazy during the holidays no matter how low key I try to make things! Well, that's it in a nutshell, more to come!






