So, its my first real "free" day since beginning training last week. Then on Sat. we had B's birthday and bday party. She had a blast! We dressed up, had tea, danced, played games, and ate lots of sugar. Lots of pics to come. She had five of her closest friends in attendance and it was very cozy!
Then, Sunday I worked 7-3, Daddy and girls did crafts! LOL. I'm so thankful for the QT they will be getting together. The doors are all opening for all of these awesome experiences and for us not to "bite" would just be stupid. Again, my friends and fam have been wonderful help to us, even some of my "newer" friends, i.e. cheer class. No help is considered small, so it is important for me to let those who think it is no big deal know that it IS appreciated- GREATLY. I am usually a one woman show/circus/ well oiled machine-- I don't even like asking MICHAEL for help! Anyway, there are just times I do, and for people to come through for me, is an amazing gift. I hope I am given the chance to reciprocate!
Yesterday, I hit the door running again at 7a.m, to Amber's, then back here for lunch, then back in Fort Worth, then cheer, then dinner, then clean up, then crash. Today I put on the SAHM hat and was happy to hit the door running doing THOSE duties!
I do feel like a breath of fresh air has entered me, and I just want to hang on. I want to count my blessings that my kids are healthy, that Michael has a wonderful and stable job, and that I was able to get back to what I love- mental health work. It is not by accident that all of this has aligned in our favor. I think non-believers of any faith call that "luck" but I'd be suicidal if I didn't have a spiritual bone in me. Its cute when people think it is luck that gets them places, but I have a belief system that says otherwise. Plus, I'm just not that arrogant to take all of the credit for the places I have been and the places I am going. And, when the crap hits the fan, I don't cuss at my faith, I just ask for my lesson. I know, all of this easier said than done. However, everyone has been around negative energies and leaves such a sick feeling. Then when the energy changes, it is like everything works out. Not luck, not coincidence, but a blessing. I am careful how I throw that 'b' word around. Sometimes I am lucky! I'm lucky that I didn't have training today and get to spend invaluable time w/ my girls! But really, everyday, what kind of 'b' day is it going to be?
So, I keep thinking about this lunch I had w/ Amber last week. She picked up my girls and I got out of training early and we met at Pulidos in Hurst for a late lunch, we were the only people in there, well maybe one other. It was us 2 and our 3 girls age five and under. She tells the story on her blog, but here I go anyway.
First, Ashlee Morgan is never a cup of tea in public, she has no concept of 'chillin' except if it is in front of Elmo aka her drug of choice. So I kept have to "deal" with her. You know Moms, the wrestling, the sweating, the apologies to your friend. So all of that was going on, and we kept laughing about this and that and suddenly my leg slipped on the floor against the table, causing Ash's drink and plate to fall on the floor, the plate shattered and water is running by our feet. AMBER LOOKED LIKE A DEER IN HEADLIGHTS. She in her most dumbfounded voice goes, "Are you ok?" She meant it too, all wide eyed and doe like. I, was laughing so hard, I couldn't control myself. Tears were rolling off of my face, mascara everything and the three kids are staring at me like WTF is wrong w/ you~! Ashlee was crying b/c her lunch and drink were now in a million pieces on the ground, but then seeing me laugh got her ok again, or just confused her. The sweet waitress comes over and I start saying "I'm so sorry" but keep in mind, I'm still laughing w/o control. So Amber takes over "I'm sorry mam I'm not sure what happened" Finally I was able to tell her that my leg hit the table and she goes, "I thought maybe you were seizing" OMG, die laughing again, b/c she is right, it did look like that, like maybe I forgot to tell her I'm epileptic or at the very least parkinsons-- not making fun of either but if you were there, you'd wanna know too! Omg, so so funny. I think what I loved about that situation is that my friend didn't get mad or flustered, she just laughed w/ me or at me, but it could have been more embarrassing........I'm so glad I get to have this kind of fun still. who knew.
well, random blog, time to get Brookelyn.....
New Project
12 years ago






