Monday, October 20, 2008

Recovering Christian


Please keep in mind, my eye balls feel like they have fevers. I am getting that crap in my head that makes my whole body and life feel like it is slipping down a sewage drain, and all I can do is watch the calamity from afar. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.............don't go.............
Here is why I'm writing. HILARIOUS. I send out an email w/ a blog post from someone I know that I found ENTERTAINING and BOY HOWDY GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY do people love their politics. I don't. I know, what kind of American am I? What kind of Christian am I? Well, when I say to people that I'm a LIBERAL Christian, they choke, gasp, run away, b/c what kind of oxymoron is that? Look people, I'm just trying to raise my babies right, with values, with a belief system, and since I wasn't raised Jewish, then I'm not raising little Jews. I love me some Jews, but I go this route b/c it is what I know best. However, to be a Liberal Christian, I am in constant RECOVERY from traditional Christianity. I'm not going to piss everyone off in one blog, so my explanation stops there. Please, no crappy comments. I let you live your lives the way you want, let me live mine the way I want. I promse, that after Cheer class today, we aren't getting that little Satan tattoo on Brookelyn's rear end.
So let me state where I stand politically. This is where I honor thy husband. He is well versed. By the way, did I ever mention that I think Michael is the smartest, most handsome, most well spoken man in the universe? Well, when you live with someone that awesome, you just say "yes dear" when he suggests who to vote for. That is the only time I turn into a 1960's housewife, nod, agree, and bring him a hot plate with meat and potatos. After that, I go back to being the eloquent, thinker, awesome, free standing, one woman show that only the Queen of Candyland can be.
I have better things to do than discuss politics. Like hello, Britney's back bitches! I couldn't be happier. My dear Britney! Her new cd "Circus" hits stores Dec. 2nd. Guess whose dragging their two raggedy kids to Best Buy when the doors open? Yep, me, wearing my I heart Britney shirt, with my muffin top leaking out of my too tight jeans, flip flops in December and Brookelyn with her morning Diana Ross hair, jammies still on, carrying a chocolate donut and Ashlee with crap on her face from the night befores dinner, soggy jammies b/c she leaks out of the off brand diapers that I put on her and all two of her strands of hair spilling in to her left eye ball....at least she can see out of the other one. I'll have priorities that day my friends, Britney's cd. I may not be the best snack mom at B's school but you better believe I'm not letting poor Britney down. Like hello, do you know who you are dealing with? God, is that you? Do you hear me? Your precious earthling daughter is flipping out over Brit's new upcoming cd. This Christian American has it right- YALL!
As for religion......let me state what I've told a dear friend of mine (she can be the one to reveal herself).....it is an organization to help SOME people get connected spiritually, to aid them, but mostly, in my opinion (it's my blog remember), it is for socializing. So, if you wonder why someone who claims to be spiritual but not have a church home, it is because I owe nothing to the people who fill the churches. My spirituality is none of their business and I like it this way. You have an opinion? Open your own blog.
You think I'm going to hell? Well, right after you dear..............