Above is a pic taken by fellow cheer mom, her baby girl is the one right next to Miss B. Check it out, Miss B, far left, her form, her yelling! Oh yes, I'm not getting over this too fast and before we know it, it will be time for our 1st competition. Get ready for me to saturate you in cheer, cheer, cheer until Feb! I'll be like "Christmas? Huh? Haven't even thought about it!"Ok, so I am turning in to a stage mom. Do I even admit that I slightly sprayed B w/ my micromist tan spray? First off, it didn't take. I was too chicken to get to close to her, so thus, no tan, she is casper white, see above! But- do you blame me for trying? You probably do! ha! Well, I don't care, this is my dream! Watching her blossom like this and knowing I never got a full chance to do the same doesn't bring me pain, but instead, eternal happiness and joy! I am getting to see her reach a potential that if I had left it unscratched, we'd never know. She is learning what it means to practice, to become better. She is learning confidence. You cannot teach a child confidence. It is something that blossoms inside, as a result of the right seed being planted. Of course, if this stopped being fun for her, we'd have to re-evaluate things, that being said though, there are NO quitters in this house. So quitting this sport would take a ton of convincing and she'd have to switch and stick w/ something else for a year minimum! I am not game for a switch so my hope is that this is her sport of choice. I think when you let children give up too soon, you never get a chance to see what might have been, a chance to grow and feel better about themselves. I should know. I was allowed to quit all the time as a child. I was also not given many opportunities to start experiences. After one day at the girl scouts, I cried all night to my mom and dad and they let me quit. They were doing their best and I was already a scarred child.
So, if I get a little whacky w/ my cheer enthusiasm, just know the joy is something I cannot even express really. I'm watching a life that M and I created, a life that God gave us, turn in to something awesome and wonderful. This is just one of the ways she continues to grow, learn, surprise us and bring us true bliss. It is almost self indulgent the way I enjoy my children.
I think about the days that were wasted when I was small, days that could have been spent differently w/ my own mother, how she was distraught and in pain many days, and how all I could do is watch and wait. So although I may seem like the most hokey, cheesy mother ever to take up space on planet earth, just remember there are deeper reasons for my over the top craziness. I'm crazy in love with my family. I also know that I am doing exactly what my mom would have loved to have done for me. So while I say I'm living out MY dream through my babies, I know I am living out HER dream in my everyday life. I don't always get it right, but as of today, this is the day that was yet another gift, so I'm treasuring every sweet second.






