So my week has lacked luster. On Monday I actually thought I was going to have a productive week. I was even naive enough to think a pedicure was in the forecast for Wednesday, and if I was so blessed, maybe a lunch with friends, no kids. HAAAAA. On Mon. morning I thought nothing of Miss B saying her "tummy hurts". Michael thought it might be because she swallowed some bubble gum on Sunday. Yes, we are winner parents, we rewarded her with her first piece of bubblicious and then she choked on it, I panicked, Michael sat there, and B swallowed part of the piece and coughed up the rest. So, ignoring her complaints on Monday I pile the girls in the car for some grocery shopping. Then my not so bright light bulb goes off and something in me says "get the girls happy meals, so they will be HAPPY while we groc. shop". Ok, so maybe it was a black light. We get home from the store and B starts puking - A LOT. Then Ashlee wakes up from a nap 2 hours later puking. I was suddenly wiping up tiny chunks of chicken Mcnuggets and hamburger out of the carpet. I used water and laundry soap and draped the furniture and carpet with towels and linens. This has been my existence for two days! I do think they are on the mend now. B woke up this morning throwing up again but I am so hoping they are over things now.
I was so hopeful that I threw them in the car to go to Home Depot to measure for screens for the windows and get a new sliding screen door. I figured the fresh air would do us all some good. I sanitized the cart, laid a blanket down and plopped them in it. Ashlee was so excited, giggling about the breeze hitting her chunky cheeks. We first went to Lowes. But, let me back up. My friend said she went to Lowes or Home Depot, gave the guys her measurements, they cut the pieces for her, she went home and put it all together and voila she had screens for her windows. I happen to think I am partially retarded and not capable of the same task, but I give things a good try before saying, "see I told you I'm a moron". I get to lovely Lowes and asked the old man in the screen section if that was his section. He said, "ya, sort of" and I hate that crap. This is or is NOT your section, which is it grandpa!? I ignore the "sort of" part. I say, "well I have some measurements and well, what do I need to do?" He just stands there and looks at me like an f-ing IDIOT. So, I say, "my friend said yall cut the pieces". He says, "no we sell the parts so you can do it yourself"
I say, "Do it myself! Like with a saw! What??!!"
He says, "Yes, we sell the saws too"
OK, how BUTCH do I look today? I put MAKE UP on after two days of cleaning barf up. I'm wearing PINK! I have highlights and pink toe nails. I KNOW this old f-er doesn't think I'm actually going to buy a saw and go home and do this myself in between changing diapers, doing laundry, washing out B's barf bucket and making dinner. I know I'm a bitch slave, but I never said I was a handy bitch slave.
So, I say, "Um ya, thats not going to happen...why can't yall cut the pieces for me?"
I know that was snotty, but you try being sweet and friendly when you have spent 48 hours in the twilight zone, sleeping on couch, floor etc. just to be near the sick babies...
I even pointed to my kids, like 'don't you see I have two kids you freakin farmer!'
I say, "well maybe it was Home Depot that does that b/c my friend said she got this done and I'm not about to go home w/ a saw and start cutting stuff up like an idiot"
He says, ok here is the patronizing part, "well, thats sort of just the thing that folks do themselves"
Oh NO HE DIDN'T.
So I reply, "Well not when your husband works all kinds of crazy hours in corporate America and I'm at home raising two children all day"
So, I go to Home Depot, after calling my friend and she said it was Home Depot and not Lowes. I get there and they say the same thing, only w/o the old man attitude. It was two young guys, like early 20s. They had never heard of someone cutting the pieces for people so I intend to ask my friend about the magical home depot she went too because I am sick of looking like an idiot. I did however get sliding screen door, they even discounted it for me b/c it was the last one and it wasn't as pretty as the newer ones. Overall, they were just friendlier, more helpful. I got help to my car and lots of information about screens and screen doors (I want one for the front door).
I'm not sure why people like to patronize me when I walk into Lowes or Home Depot but its starting to tick me off. I get the strangest looks and people really talk down to me. Hello, I'm a grown ass woman and I'll let you know when and if you should ever talk to me like a baby. Until I admit to being an idiot, I should be treated like I know what I'm doing there! I enjoy fixing up my house. I can handle small, simple projects. I deserve to be treated like the brilliant, educated,polished young woman a.k.a winner that I am. You got that old man!






