It was another good day today. Am I the only one who thinks of 'today was a good day' lyrics by ice cube when people say 'today was a good day', I just want to follow it up w/ 'I didn't even have to use my 8k' or something like that. Yes, back in the day we were not to be seen w/o our gangster rap. I can't stand most rap now. I say most b/c I like Eminem........but the mom in me gets a little aggravated by the lyrics but not all of his lyrics are bad. I listen to him a lot while working out. Actually, a lot of his songs are hilarious.
I feel so at home and so at peace right now. Everything is how it is supposed to be. My little vacation at the coast confirmed all of that good stuff for me. It is nice to get away, but not something I could do very often.
Tonight I have my Miss B sleeping on a pallet next to my bed. It was my idea and she got super excited. I love listening to her breathe. I watch her and think about our day, all of her laughter and smiles, all of her hugs and kisses, all of the joy that she and Ashlee bring me. I am extremely rich.
My friend "A" and I were talking about how all our life we've had to take care of people and work hard, and get through stuff, and how its okay to let the great guys in our lives, our husbands take care of us........I guess I hadn't thought of it like that. All of this time I felt a little bad that Michael has had to do so much, but he is providing b/c he loves me and the girls.........I should just surrender and be thankful. I don't have to have the future all figured out, there is no need. Today the four of us have everything that we need. I want/need for very little. Its a weird place to be-- not having to be stressed about anything, not running around trying to figure something out, or solve any major issues. Life is coasting, simple and the time spent just daydreaming is not wasted time. I'm a drama repellent. I wouldn't know what to do with it at this point. I pray a lot so maybe I would just lift it up in prayer b/c the infestation that comes from drama isn't worth infecting an entire home over. We are settled. I never felt this level of comfort in Houston, which is probably how I knew that no matter how hard I pushed and tried for normalcy, the comfort was never going to present itself.
We recently got our AC worked on. We weren't happy about it but it could have been worse. I always think of the alternatives when something doesn't go my way. There is a blog I read about a local 6 year old girl who recently had half of her brain removed due to a disease she has. It has made national news. Her name is Jessie and she lives in Aledo. I think of her anytime I get a little flustered about something. Shes been so brave from what her father writes in the blog......and I think 'its not my child having half of her brain removed, shame on me for thinking or acting this way'
Its not hard to conserve energy and put your heart where it matters most, its so easy, and so worth it.






