Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sort of a Fairytale


I did the most awesome thing last night, I downloaded the Dallas and Houston Tori concerts on my MP3 player. Her site was selling them. My friend went to the Dallas one and we of course did the Houston one back in Nov.

So, true to form, Tori Amos is seeing me through more change. I have the headphones glued to me, even now...

Of course, this change isn't that turbulent. I was stressed -- wondering if I'd have things done in time, but of course-- I work like a little village person. I might as well be walking 25 miles with a basket on my head and jugs of water hanging from my hips. I do believe I spring in to action when life calls upon me to do so. Doesn't everyone? I think I surprised Michael, he left, he came home and didn't recognize things. Of course, baby was in crib screaming, and B was outside making a mess out of dirt, etc.. a little water, old oatmeal...don't ask-- I pretty much let her do whatever she wants if she is leaving me alone when I'm this consumed w/ a task. At one point the baby had a plastic fork and was digging in the grill ashes. I started to fuss about it and then said 'oh who cares, just make sure she doesn't put it in her mouth, ok Brookie?'

He makes me feel so good though, all the hugs and saying "thank you" and "theres no way I could do what you do"-- Finally!! Some breakthrough. And, in case you wonder- yes, I thank him alllllllllllll the time for my comfy, little life. I have no idea what its like to be him, in the career sense, but I know it can't be easy. I love it that he got excited when all he heard was the word "jelly"-- what I said was, "hey I made biscuits and there is jelly!" (He wondered why there was no jelly in the house a few weeks ago). He goes, "You bought jelly, yeah!" AWW- it was all worth it, forking out the $1.30 for grape jelly just to see his little eyes light up. You do know, most men stay babies for their women b/c they came from mothers who coddled them. hahaaa, its just a theory and poor is the man that wasn't doted on by his proud mother.

Well, back to the rampage. Back to Candyland. I'm taking no prisoners on THIS journey. Shut up or get in. I don't have patience for drama or flamboyant stories that do nothing for my soul. 9 times out of 10 I'm consoling a baby with four painful molars growing in- I certainly don't have time for adults that can't get their shhh together. I have an agenda for Fort Worth, this time around. I spent the first 29 years there but got to turn 30 in Houston, away from all the good, away from all the bad. We head back to filter through whats left. My 30s are going to be filled with growing daughters, a successful husband, and hopefully a few things up my own sleeves. Again, shut up or get in. On any given day I can be seen wearing an offensive t-shirt or wearing my prettiest blouse for Sunday words of wisdom. Poor is the person who doesn't journey through their own world with the desire to grow. I'll not stop collecting the shirts, and I'll not stop believing that God put me here to bring two beautiful beings into the world amongst other awesome things! With all of the storms that other people and situations bring on to me-- there is always a t-shirt and a bit of Jesus to see me through, not to mention Tori Amos- the dead on lyrics. I love her intensity.

A Sorta Fairytale lyrics - Tori Amos
on my way up north up on the ventura
i pulled back the hood and
i was talking to you and i knew then it would be a life long thing
but i didn't know that we
we could break a silver lining
and i'm so sad
like a good book
i can't put this day back
a sorta fairytale with you
a sorta fairytale with you
things you said that day up on the 101
the girl had come undone
i tried to downplay it with a bet about us you said that-you'd take it as long as i could
i could not erase itand i'm so sad
like a good book
i can't put this day back
a sorta fairytale with you a sorta fairytale
with you and i ride along side and i rode along side
you then
and i rode along side till you lost me there in the open road and i rode along side till the honey spread itself so thin for me to break your bread for me to take your word i had to steal it and i'm so sad
like a good book
i can't put this day back
a sorta fairytale with you a sorta fairytale with you
i could pick back up whenever i feel down new mexico way something about the open road i knew that he was looking for some indian blood and find a little in you find a little in me we may be on this road but we're just impostors in this country you know so we go along and we said we'd fake it feel better with oliver stone till i almost smacked him -seemed right that night and i don't know what takes hold out there in the desert cold these guys think they must try and just get over on us and i'm so sad
like a good book
i can't put this day back a sorta fairytale
with you a sorta fairytale with you and i was ridin' byridin' along side for a while till you lost meand i was ridin' byridin' along till you lost me till you lost me in the rearview you lost me i said way up north i took my day all in all was a pretty nice day and i put the hoodright back
where you could taste heaven perfectly
feel out the summer breeze
didn't know when we'd be back
and i
i don't
didn't think we'd end up like
like this
Good Bye Houston :) You've been kind to the Heinsohn Four.