Well, to be honest, I have been stumped in the writing department. I'm afraid of saying too much, i.e., saying what I am really thinking and feeling. However, it is not the forum, not today anyway.
After a much needed trip to DFW, I didn't want to return. Lets leave it at that.
Against my true desire, I was productive today. I cleaned, gathered dry cleaning, did our taxes (yes, all by myself), got Miss B to and fr. "school" and then to ballet class. If you ask me, Tuesdays are for the birds. I got to Sam's and returned a couple of things, and then bought out the rest of the store- foods and drinks mostly. The girls shared a pretzel as I had my 100th slimfast of the day (I ate terrible in Arlington w/ my fam all weekend!).
Against my sanity, I let B tell me what cd to put in. Sadly this time it was not "maneater" by Nelly Furtado. She wanted to hear the cd that her friend Kennedie made(totally cute songs that don't make me barf one bit). I put it in and realize there is no going back. I'm steps away from buying frumpy mom jeans and discontinuing the use of eyeliner. Say it isn't so! I'm 29 and hanging on for dear life! I can't go be "that" mom. The one that tells everyone that my kid is at the top of her class, can dance, sing, sew, build, and hold political debates. I cannot be the mother that buys plain white panties b/c, well, no one is looking anyway. BS! If I have to sit on my husbands head, he will look at my new panties! I cannot justify being the mom who pretends to have it all together at all times, who goes to functions, who acts like a fraud, goes to the playgroups and listens to all the crazy kids screaming their heads off while the mothers try to reign them in, after they are finished bragging about the kids soaring IQs. Um, ya, I don't do facades. I'll be the first to tell you my first daughter is clumsy and my second one is going to kick someones a^$ someday and I won't know what to say to the principal. Maybe I'll just say, "hmm that is strange, she is so bright and talented. I'm wearing these hideous mom jeans, I'm caught up on the laundry and scrapbooking, and I take her raggedy butt to church every week- where could I have gone wrong w/ the little genius?". Call me if she sets a fire okay?
Laughter aside (yes, I laugh at myself)- we are suppose to brag about our kids, they are reflections of us. I DO think my kids are brilliant. It makes sense really-- they've been given awesome, smart parents who have so far provided a very cool learning environment,and they are so loved. I am always hugging on them, thinking about the babies who don't get the hugs and kisses they need for survival. I really like to think of my girls and I as a team. We spend a lot of time together. We talk, we craft, we read, we sit in anticipation for daddy to get home. He must feel like a rockstar the way they tackle him.
Good Night, I have no business being up this late!
New Project
12 years ago






