Monday, February 25, 2008

NIV-WTFreak

We finally made it through a weekend without anyone being sick. I was able to work on school stuff and we were able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather. See picture to the left of the girls at the park. They always have the best time. I caught up on phone calls, emails, chores, lists- basically the story of my life that gets tangled when I fall ill for too long. A month of illness (basically) is just too much for one mother to endure.
I have a funny story about one of school postings...I responded to a friend who had responded to my original posting about qualities of a leader and I said something like- "yes, its like I think about dying and I wonder if I'll be remembered!". Then another classmate responded, who I do not know. I only know the one friend b/c she and I met through class last semester and we clicked. Anyway this classmate asked if I really thought about dying all the time and being remembered b/c that is not what is important, only Jesus is the one who will remember us and blah blah blah, then he quoted the bible and I could go find it and post it, but I'm telling you IT MADE NO SENSE to me. Lots of scripture verses make sense to me. What good is quoting the bible if isn't going to make sense? He even cited it (NIV) like I needed to know which bible he got it from. I started laughing and responded with "Oh- I was just being dramatic, my children will honor my legacy no matter what I become- janitor or CEO, it doesn't matter" I'm not allowed to get annoyed w/ the scripture reference b/c it is a private Christian school so most of the students are very religious. All of our lectures start w/ a devotional. I only read them when I have time. Some are great, some are so boring, it makes me that much more excited to learn about the class material. You gotta love the extreme rights, the ones who can't get through a sentence without mentioning religion, God, Jesus, eternal life, etc.. I sort of expect it when I visit church, given that I can wake up and get everyone ready before noon. Just because I wake up everyday at 7 doesn't mean I'm actually conscious. I'm just going to say this, when I hear people talk this way day in and day out over and over- not only is it sucking out my brain cells, it proposes a sense of delusion that I cannot relate with.