Thursday, December 13, 2007

Miracles DO happen

Update time, time to get your crayons and your pencils, take notes y'all.
So, get this, a weight has been lifted, a prayer answered, and not just b/c it was convenient for me. I get that if I had failed Accounting, it was to be a part of a bigger, better, master plan for myself. However, God has my back on this one and apparently wants me to continue in the Master's Program. This is a total act of surrendering on my part, as I am unsure what I'm doing here, what roads it will lead me to. I just keep saying, if it is meant to be then it will be. If there is a detour, then cool, I'm game. Yes, I got a C. We won't discuss my final exam grade. I disgraced the human race when I submitted a masters level exam in that manner. Lets just leave it at that. I'm humbled by my C, something I haven't received since junior college math.

That was your spiritual lesson of the day, now on to the good stuff.

So, I'm almost finished with Christmas shopping. Every single time I go to pay for something, I get sweaty and panicky. I very slowly reach for my bank card and am hesitant to hand it over. I see the cashier's look as if she is wondering if I intend to pay....today.......ever....maybe not? What is Candice doing? What am I doing!! What is baby Jesus doing to me every December?!! I spend Jan-March recovering from the aftermath. Now, keep in mind, I don't go overboard. I try to think of items that people will treasure without my family going hungry. I also am faced with providing an exciting Christmas morning for my 4 year old and 1 year old, mainly the 4 year old. Although, just today she asked me how are we celebrating Jesus's birthday. Finally, that church school is doing its real job, explaining the unexplainable. I said we can bake a cake. She rebuttal with, "Jesus can't eat cake". I say, "Yeah, but, he wants us to eat it for him". Her- "oh okay- but do we have to ask Joseph". I say, "um, I don't know, I guess". Is it possible she is smarter than me? Then she just goes on to say that Joseph is in her heart, just like Jesus and they whisper to her. I'm not making this up! She really says stuff like this! Of course the mental health professional in me gets a little scared. The spiritual me is relieved to know she won't be setting any small fires or harming any animals.
Joking aside, my children are here to teach me. If she says baby Jesus is talking to her while I'm getting nauseated fighting for the last box of candycanes, then wonderful, she is probably single handed saving me from acting unlady like, unchristian like, when all I want to do is keep the baby from chewing on cardboard items in our basket, leaping out, or wailing so loud people give me a look, you know- THE look. Next time I get one of "those" looks, I plan on saying, "Stop looking at me, my other daughter talks to Jesus and I'm pretty sure your spot in Heaven can be replaced".