Thursday, December 6, 2007

Legally Insane

I figured I better get something posted again, before I lose my devoted audience. Can you tell I'm on a total ego boost? I'm not sure which story to tell, my Wal-mart story or my day yesterday?
Lets go w/ Wal-mart.
First, heres my disclaimer- I'm not against saving money. I know not everyone who shops there is white trash. I shop there too (occasionally). I haven't boycotted Wal-mart. I just dislike my shopping experience there, so much so, I ALWAYS regret it.
I went the other to kill some time before picking up B from school. I figured I could buy a couple of gifts for the girls and save money. I was right. I found a couple I've had my eyes on and they were about six dollars cheaper than online or other stores. (BTW- I got the last cart- everyone who walking in behind me was like "what in the world?!") I was instantly in shock over the lower prices of other items. I couldn't believe it. Do I get mad at myself for paying top dollar at Target? Who do I think I am-a rich woman? So I throw a few things in my basket for myself, trying not to feel bad about it, justifying it with "Well, we all know I won't be back in this place for a couple of months, so I better get this now". I was satisfied w/ my purchases-- things I generally dislike to spend money on- like bath rug and storage necessities. I get in line and instantly I wonder, "Is this right? Did I accidentally get in the food stamp line?" I look around. Where are my fellow suburban moms? The ones I talk to while I'm waiting in line. The ones who oooh and ahhh over my baby. I see none of them, because they were at Target, across the street. All I see are sour faces, screaming kids, smelly men that make me uncomfortable. I give one of my famous looks, a look that says, "do not look at me or my baby, I'm a B#$*&". It works, no one talks or looks at me. So then it is my turn to pay, and who do you think is running the register? I'm going to be careful in this description-- but she was a VERY unhappy person. I would be too, working there, but at least she is working right? She could be milking society. Oh, who are we kidding, she probably is milking society for all we are worth. Hows that free food and medical care working out for ya! I'm so glad you have no ambition in life and have 3 mouths to feed that you can't afford and you skim the radar by working here for min. wage. Okay, now I'm just being u-g-l-y. I don't even know this girl. But, she doesn't say HI or even a grin. I can't understand her when she tells me my total. She doesn't help put my items in my basket when she sees I'm trying to slide my credit card and I have Ashlee under one arm b/c she refuses to sit politely in the cart. Where are the managers? Bag boys? Other helpful cashiers? By this point, sour face is scanning the next lady's things and bagging them and I haven't even packed up my wallet or my bags. Wow, what a witch. Of course, I am still smiling. As I walk off I mumble- "THIS is why I hate Wal-mart". I must be legally insane to keep going there, expecting new results. Of course I love saving money! However, I think my love for the overall shopping experience is not worth the dollars I save being mad there. I know I'll go back, in two months of course, when I've had time to forget the other day.