Saturday, November 24, 2007

Fake Cry, Look Cute, Say Something Clever

I'm home now- Houston. Never thought I'd be so glad to see the lights of this city. As we passed Katy Mills Mall at 1a.m with blurred vision, I thought YES!! I saw parts of Texas I don't care to ever see again and a couple parts that I'd like to go back to, at least when I'm not busy getting a traffic ticket.
"Mam, do you know why I pulled you over, is there some sort of medical urgency?" (what a smart A)
I wanted to say...
"Yes, I was doing 90mpg trying to get around 4 minivans going 62mpg. I speed b/c I want to get to where I'm going a little faster."
Instead, I use the same old line...
"we are lost"
As if this is a good reason to dodge deer playing chicken.
I don't even have in me to fake cry, look cute, say something clever....Just give me the damn ticket so I can resume my crappy drive and continue being lost.
Yeah, I would not recommend driving from Abilene to Houston if you ever come across the opportunity.
Neither of us argue about the ticket. We almost expect to get one. Well, what else are going to do with all our millions? Buy groceries? No, no, no-- we have gas to buy, airfare to purchase, tires to rotate, oil change after oil change....so a ticket, give me a break.....we are loaded and a bored hog on a Friday night is not going to break my spirit. (Please note the heavy sarcasm)
You could say I'm a teeny, itty, bitty bit resentful. Didn't I have a friend do an entire blog on this very subject?
I'll get over it, I always do. People always say I'm so forgiving and I excuse everything. Its not that I have anything against seeing our loved ones, our friends and family, or letting the girls see their elders who love them so much.....don't misread me....I think I'm just a little worn out. We've lived here since Easter (Michael) and Mothers Day (me and girls) and we have dropped so much money, time and energy on appeasing others. The reciprocation has been minimal. I may not "expect" it but I'd be a moron to not be taking mental notes-- sort of hard to be oblivious to the obvious.
I also think that b/c I am a SAHM, people assume I have the time and energy for all that I give up of myself and my little life. One little problem-- Michael is not a SAHD, so he works 365, 40 hour plus weeks.
I really want to enjoy the Christmas season. My Brookelyn couldn't be more excited about it, seeing the lights on houses (she calls them gingerbread houses) and decorating our home. I love making memories with these people in my house. I'm going to try and not stress the inevitable over the holidays and remember that there are people who would like to live my life on just a regular day, people who are so unfortunate, they wish they had some of my stressors. I am sure they would view my life as pampered and holiday-ish everyday.
Perspective never hurts when you are nursing a pounding headache and stepping over cat barf (yes, my cat becomes even more bulimic when I leave him for long periods). Its just one more thing I have to do, but again, people in Malawi would shove a coconut in my mouth for complaining about my Persian's purging.