Thursday, April 2, 2009

Team Me







I told you I am crazy cat lady now. The boys have managed to sucker me into canned food twice a day now. They think THEY get breakfast. Nevermind the dry food that is always present. Nevermind that I am barely alive in the a.m. and Nevermind that my children barely get breakfast out of me. Now, the boys get it FIRST! They rub up against my leg (mainly Griff) and wait inpatiently for the pretty plates! I love the pic of the girls all up in Griffin's face while he is trying to eat. It was so cute I snapped a photo.
Anyway, so I saw Britney and she was brilliant but I'll do that blog tomorrow or this weekend from work! I went w/ Becca and Kristyn and it was honestly a totally fabulous time. For all of the haters. Suck it. Britney is awesome, beautiful, and a icon. I'm proud like a mama bear for her getting her act together. Her boys need her and so do I! :)

So today I called my primary care doctor in Arlington, the one I have had since I was 17. I had to just bite it and call for an appt. My excema on my right foot is not improving and hello, it is almost sandal time. I cannot be scaring innocent bystanders w/ ONE disgusting foot. Yes, it is the bottom so no one really sees, but certainly someone will catch me scratching it to death or bleeding- even worse. I also had to put in a complaint for insomnia. It is not out of control but it is bad enough. I've been sleeping lightly and just overall need help in this area. I've done it all, as far as aiding my sleep and over the years I have managed to almost cure my insomnia! However, my schedule is kind of strange and my need for sleep during certain times fluctuates. I don't know, but if someone tells me to drink sleepy time tea or warm milk or take melatonin, I'm going to scream. I take melatonin and valerian root nightly. The tea is a hoax and the milk only works for people on t.v. I am for the most part getting enough sleep b/c when I truly need it I am able to sort of catch up....so anyway the guy making the appt was like "wow, what a combo- excema and insomnia" LOL, yes true and I'm sure he doesn't wish it on himself.
Girls had 2nd tumble class today. HAD A TOTAL BLAST. I get quite the discount for already having B in Cheer there. Woohoo! It is awesome, I just sit there and read a magazine WITH NO INTERRUPTIONS. Wow!
So, I was thinking, and wondering, why do people give me crap about being a stay at home mom, except for other stay at home moms. I mean, it is strange. I'm never allowed to complain. If I say I'm busy, I must be doing my ONE chore of the day and then quickly getting back to the t.v. It is just odd to me. I notice more and more. I made this choice. I also made the choice to return to work, for personal and financial reasons. I'm part time. I'm away from my girls all of the time I desire to be away. Any more at this point in their lives is excessive (for me). This is my selfishness. I don't want to share them much! Of course I'm not talking about family. I do share. Also, if at any given time life forced me to work more, I would gladly do that FOR my children. A mother's love does encompass working to provide. It is just strange, that is all. I never looked at it as a team SAHM or Team workin mom, we are all the same, working hard, daily, and loving the kids the same! Also, whatever makes mommy happy is what mommy should do. I'm happy doing this and the girls feed directly off of my happiness. The part time work is very good for me, even on days I'm not interested in doing it. It is productive. It is good for me and I get to do what I do best talk on the phone!
That's all I got yall..........