Sunday, April 5, 2009

Put On a Show Kinda Girl





It's here y'all! The Britney concert review! I have to say, that although I find my life often challenging with days that having me pulling out my hair, I am such a happy girl. At 31 I am seeing concerts, living life, and still singing in my car to my favorite Britney songs.
At 6pm the night of the concert Becca and Kristyn came over to my house. I was feeding the kids pizza. We ate and when M got home, we booked it to the TRS train. This is the best way to get to any concert or sporting event at the AAC. Times like these make me so grateful to be in a metropolitan area. I wouldn't trade all of this concrete in for anything! This land is mine and I like it hard, bleak, and fast, I'm talking about the mixmasters and easy travel!
We got to the AAC venue while the Pussycat Dolls were performing 'freak like me'- I think. We got our t-shirts of course first and made it to our awesome seats in section 102. We watched the PCD for their last few songs and they were more entertaining than I expected. One of them does the splits basically standing up, ouch! They are amazing performers and I probably like them a little more than I did. Then, of course, my beautiful Britney hit the floor and tore it up for two hours. It was a circus, literally. She had all sort of acts, sort of like cirque de sole (sp?) meets Ringlings! She made several wardrobe changes, I quit counting after 4. I didn't want to blink. My favorites were "piece of me" and "womanizer". EVERYONE there was having the time of their lives! Everyone was smiling, dancing, dressed up, and just HAPPY. It was like being with thousands and thousands of people who for the past few years have all been holding their breath, hoping Miss Brit would get her act together. It was a celebration of an icon who was winning, not dying, not anymore.
I was so heart broken for Britney during her very troubled times. I check TMZ.com daily and became addicted to her life. That is shameful of me. I just kept cheering for her. I wanted her to get help. I didn't want to read about her death. As a mom, I have always thought about her two boys, how I hoped they would inspire her to seek professional mental health help. Whatever the case, she is back, and I'm so excited.
Now for the Britney haters. Man, it is a cult of them. I wore my Brit shirt to work and got the hate. HAHAHA, it takes a special kind of person to be me and the fact that Britney Spears is in my nightly prayers, not just my MP3 player and car stereo speaks volumes. You have to understand I'm the girl who has always cheered for the underdogs. I won't go in to how ignorant I think it is to hate someone ya barely know. I think it is silly. I know, people are entitled to their opinions. Keep in mind, I listen to Michael Jackson on a somewhat regular basis too.
I think this blog could have been better. My brain seems to be all over the place this evening. I'm at work and it is quiet. The silence is almost putting a ringing sound in my ears.
What else can I update about. My avid followers have already read the 'psycho' entry. Wasn't that uplifting? Honestly, it took me about a day to shake that off. I had never written about that experience in that magnitude. It is a bit scary to bare that much of myself on here. NAKED! In fact, I am sort of leery about writing about the years that are after that experience, and that lead up to my being adopted my awesome aunt and uncle. There is sort of a black cloud I'll be writing about from about age 12-15. Ugh, another blog. Lets all shake off the coos coos nest first!

I'm proud to report my handsome Geppetto is now using the cat box for #2! What a good boy. Maybe Griffin trained him?

Ashlee Morgan is talking so much it is a little ridiculous and exhausting. Slow down honey, remember you are my baby.

Brookelyn Aubrey is developing quite the mouth. She'll say to me "What kind of mother doesn't listen to her own daughter?"
Dang, I'll show you ........just how well I'm listening when I'm carrying you to your room for forced YOU time.
Hello, don't talk to me when Oprah is on.

Michael took us out for steaks last night. Although it might not make the pages on other peoples blogs, it makes it to mine. We just don't eat out and we certainly don't go out for steak. However, it was a last minute decision, and we ate and ate.
But......something bad happened! A.M fell out of her chair and hit her head HARD. She was frozen in her cry. I rushed her outside and as I passed a table I heard a lady say, "she should have been in a booster"
WHAT
HOW DARE SHE
While I was outside w/ A, Michael said a manager asked if he needed to dial 911. JEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSUS. I know, don't talk like that, I'm not, I'm thinking it. Although it might have been his manager duty to ask, I was offended. Don't kids fall out of chairs everyday. The whole place didn't need to gasp and then spend their meal time judging me. I'm a good mom. That is all I have to say about that. Make that GREAT mom. It is the one topic I feel I can be very conceited about! Oh well, the whole world is judging. Although I try really hard not to, on some it is inevitable. However, if I would have seen a toddler fall and get hurt I would not have judged the mom. I would have had sympathy for the child and the mom. ugh.

Some of my favorite things right now-
bag balm
loreal sublime instant tanning lotion
kohls
my camera
the bluebonnets!
the breezy wind!
popcorn
vitamin water
oxyclean
samgsunt rant, my new sprint phone, it was a bday gift fr my folks
lip gloss- buxom lips by Bare Escentuals- best lip plumper ever, my color is melonie- bright pink!
yoga pants- when one gets too faded, i throw it out and head to target for a new pair

Candycane is shutting it down for the night. XOXOX