Thursday, January 8, 2009

Quip

This top one is of the girls on Christmas morning. I know I've been a terrible blogger. I want more time! When I'm not tending to outside the home stuff like errands and a part time job, then I am at home tending to people! When the people are asleep I get a little ME time. However, one of those "people" is a 2 year old who is awake right now, next to me in bed. She is refusing sleep. What a rebel.
This second one is Miss A.M. showing off her cuteness recently. I love her in those leggings and skirt. Ok I love her in anything... shes too cute for words! So my Granny R is in town from Ohio so that means I probably won't blog as much until the end of our visit b/c I want to get in all of the quality time that I can. When Grandma is in town, it means the following:
1. Lots of big, hardy meals
2. Lots of yummies- homemade cookies and a tub of ice cream
3. Laundry gets done, like all of it (shes nuts)
4. Lots of talk about health, exercise, eating right (which contradicts all the yummo food)
5. Lots and Lots of repeating things, which is cute and hilarious all at one "Yes Granny, you told me yesterday three times about so and so's new job, I'm happy for him too"
6. Grandma referring to my dad as "David"- it used to bother me but I'm 30 now and the only thing that bothers me is mean people and she is certainly not mean, just stuck in her ways. At this point I can't blame her, but it is still funny to mess w/ her. "Do you mean David my friend or David my dad. I don't know which one you are talking about"
Her- sarcastically, "your dad"
Me- LOL,"just wanted to hear ya say it"
She knows I love her to the moon and back and for all that great cookin she can tell me the same story as many times as she'd like. She can call my dad a butt licker. She can tell to run around the house 29 times reciting the bible. I don't mind. Shes Grandma, and always been like a 2nd mom.
Oh, one more funny story, well funny to me. We were chatting and the bible came up. And she said something about a certain pastor not believing in the rapture. And then just like this I go, "Well come on Grandma, like Jesus is REALLY coming back, in the flesh to earth and life will end here. Sounds a bit too much"
If she were a mean Grandma she would have hung me by my big toe. But she didn't. She just said things that support the end times part of bible and then said something very clever, "well if you're going to believe in the bible, then you have to believe in the rapture"
Well put. I guess I can't pick and choose what I want. Still I should not have said that. It just slipped out, like that time I called a 9 year old boy the B word when I was preg. w/ Ashlee and he bumped into my toddler, baby Brookelyn.