
Ok, lets get this election over with so we can all stop acting like A-holes and get back to being ourselves, get back to REAL and SERIOUS issues that need our attention. I'm talking about "The Hills" on MTV, a sale at Gap, Live music!, date nights, gimme some wine, just shut the flip up about politics. YES- I voted today. I felt ignorant to NOT to do it. From age 15 on, it was instilled in me to exercise my American right. I do not want to let my family, my husband, my fellow Americans down! That being said, still, shut up now. Tomorrow morning, all I want to hear about is who is on the cover of Vanity Fair or People, and shoot me now if it is someone political. A good friend put it well, this election has brought out the worst in people. I picked my candidate based on real social issues that I believe effect me on a middle class level AND effect the seniors in my life. Isn't it time for change? Isn't change good? I'm sick of backwoods remarks about shooting the enemy, blowing up shhht, smoking them suckers out, etc etcc. I swear to you, every time I hear about a young soldier losing his life, I think, "And what the F for?" Well, since we are on the subject of shutting up about politics, I will tell you why-- he dies b/c he was told to carry out a mission, see it through, do his best, etc etc. Thats it. Thats death in a nutshell for these young soldiers. Because guess what- Iraq is NOT better off. Actually, they weren't doing so bad under Hussein. We need to get out of there. My hope is for whoever the next president is, to be able to get us out and do it correctly w/ minimal loss of life. Hey I have an idea, send your young soliders to Union Gospel in Fort Worth, we need help at our fellow non profit agencies right here in Fort Worth, Texas. We have major crisis' in our backyard. I bet they can help us help others WITHOUT dying. What a novel concept. Please, come help the mentally ill, the mentally challenged, the hungry, the homeless, the reformed convicts, the destitute, the indigent, the struggling senior---believe me it will take an army to REFORM ALL OF THIS. Its just an idea. I know I know, I should have run for office.
So thats it-- now lets all shut up.
P.S. I got a free starbucks drink for voting, hello, that is so awesome.






