Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy November 1st



I'm at work, so my access to photos is limited. Here, have a laugh on Amber, who created this hideous picture of me circa 1977.

I'm tired. I was up til 11:15pm gabbing w/ one of my sisters (amy) who I spent the night with. My girls were sacked out on the guest bed w/ Hannah Montana playing quietly in the background. Their sleeping faces seemed to tell a story of over stimulation from the day and pure exhaustion. Halloween day was supposed to be a lazier day. I wanted a jammie day so bad! However, taking a phone call from the mortgage company (working on a lower apr) in the bath tub should have been my clue that the rest of the day was going to be madness. I end up fixing breakfast while on the phone and wrapped in a towel. "Shhh girls, turn down elmo, I'm on an important call". I mainline my coffee directly into my veins and decide I need a haircut, and not just any hair cut, a real hair cut from tony and guy. No longer am I finding time to go to my hairdresser in Arlington. Arlington is usually a thing of the past! I can't do anything there, NO time! Of course I do have friends and family there and we try to schedule time. So, the girls and I head to the mall and get my haircut which ends up taking forever. They are very serious about their craft, they even massage my head and neck. Note to self- don't ever take the kids! At one point A was jumping off the chair on to the ground. In a split second, I became one of those mothers! I was thinking, oh good gosh, get me outta here, and fast! My girls are good, but they can only take so much boredom in one outing.

Then we went home, scarfed down lunch, put A in bed for nap. I cleaned and did things around the house until my meeting at work at 4pm in which the girls attended with me. They were angels! They sat there quietly and colored. I was shocked! Where were they at tony and guy's?!

The evening took on its own life form, pizza, trick or treating, cousins, friends, and crash. Now, here I am at work, answering phones, paperwork :( and playing on the Internet.

Believe it, I am ready for a slow day tomorrow, be lazy at home and work in the evening. I have the best schedule! A lot of people would hate working weekends, holidays, etc.. but it is a price to pay to continue to be the stay at home mom that I love being. I wouldn't trade any of this for anything!

Although I am new kind of busy, I am also a new kind of enriched. There is very little idle time. I get to see friends (well, the ones that live near me, ok, well just Amber LOL) but still it has been awesome. I love that although see Michael on a limited schedule during the week, I try to just spend that time in his arms, watching t.v or all of us on B's bed, reading.

The writing is literally on MY wall in my living room.

HEAVEN IS A PLACE ON EARTH. (thx kel and happy 30th to me- all year, omg, I'm almost 31)