Well, here it is, an end of summer review, for those of you who hold your breath in between updates. I know, your dose of Heinsohn, I get it. For starters, it has been a strange (but awesome) transition from Houston back to Fort Worth. There have been times I forget all about that adventure. There are times I am clearly in the midst of an emotional cleanse due to the isolation I was in. People want to see me here. People want to visit me and I have been thankful to be pulled in many directions as I settle back in to normalcy. Although, I must admit, that Houston gave me so much time to think and reflect that at times, I miss that option. I always choose calm over chaos. However, being the walking paradox that I am, I gravitate towards productivity. I have always been high energy and it is really the only way to live properly (for me).
At the end of May Brookelyn started competitive cheerleading class http://www.txtumblers.com/.They call them “show teams” so as not to focus so much on “winning”. Her first competition is in October. I’m looking forward to it so very much i.e., I’m slowly turning in to a pageant mom (joking!). I have no idea when or where it is, but pictures will be plentiful. She has thrived a great deal in the class. The teacher approached me and told me how much she loves having Brookelyn and that she is such a “sweetie”. It made my heart soar because I know how tender Brookelyn is and just how soft her heart is, so for someone else to see it, brings me great joy. She attends class twice a week.
At the end of May Michael and I also joined a local gym about a half mile from the house. I go religiously and have felt emotional rewards and seen minor physical rewards. The girls enjoy the daycare there and it has become a very positive part of our weekly routine. Michael goes several times through out the week in the evenings.
At the end of May Brookelyn started competitive cheerleading class http://www.txtumblers.com/.They call them “show teams” so as not to focus so much on “winning”. Her first competition is in October. I’m looking forward to it so very much i.e., I’m slowly turning in to a pageant mom (joking!). I have no idea when or where it is, but pictures will be plentiful. She has thrived a great deal in the class. The teacher approached me and told me how much she loves having Brookelyn and that she is such a “sweetie”. It made my heart soar because I know how tender Brookelyn is and just how soft her heart is, so for someone else to see it, brings me great joy. She attends class twice a week.
At the end of May Michael and I also joined a local gym about a half mile from the house. I go religiously and have felt emotional rewards and seen minor physical rewards. The girls enjoy the daycare there and it has become a very positive part of our weekly routine. Michael goes several times through out the week in the evenings.
All summer the girls and I have enjoyed the water park up the road where we have season passes. They are both fishes and LOVE everything – the slides, lazy river, etc. It is a little scary for me to see them so fearless. Brookelyn’s biggest accomplishment was conquering the highest slide in the big kid area. It is a red, tube slide that shoots her little body down and she always has a big grin on her face.
Michael has been able to play golf all summer as well, and even a heat advisory won’t keep him from playing. I do like the tan he has gotten though, much better than the casper white he used to be. Overall, I am very supportive of this hobby. I know it is hard for him to balance a career and family, and then find time to indulge in something he really loves. I don’t ever want him to look back and wish he had done more of something.
The question everyone asks, over and over, “how does Michael like his new job?” The answer remains the same, “he loves it!” There are so many little perks and he seldom ever has to bring work home with him. He works in a laid back atmosphere and I have yet to see him stressed out. Maybe he isn’t programming all day, maybe he is just playing Tetris, whatever the case, he is happy and the paychecks are coming in, so we’re all happy!
As for me, I find joy in the simple things, a good phone call, a favorite t/v show, taking pictures (capturing memories), trying out a new recipe, writing in my blog, Michael’s grilling, squeezing in some play dates and girl time, a good work out, a nice tan, a new lipstick, a clean house, and just your basic family life. I am not complicated. I like my coffee every morning and my sweet tea in the afternoon. I’m just a Southern Belle you know, with boot cut jeans and a sick affinity for reality t.v.
I’m looking forward to a fall filled with the usual fun….the girls starting a new Mommys Day Out program at the Methodist church a couple of miles down the road(B will go 3 days a week and A will go 2 days a week) http://www.smithfieldumc.org/discover.htm, their birthdays, Halloween, the MADONNA concert with Kristyn in Houston 11-16-08, Thanksgiving, Christmas, cooler weather, and then I get to start the year off right in Jan. 09 with the Celine Dion concert with Becca.
I have decided to put my Master’s degree on hold. I found that my heart wasn’t in it and that I was possibly doing it for the wrong reasons. It was far from mental health type work and my heart always goes back to wanting to help others. I do not work at this time but a part time something in my field is something I am hoping to add to my routine.
I have concluded in all of my reflecting that my happiness comes from perspective, with all things. How good my day will be depends on how positive my perspective is. I have a lot of philosophy about a lot of life and I am deepened by the people who surround me. It has been an interesting ride from March 07 to August 08, but at least I have something to talk about!
Michael has been able to play golf all summer as well, and even a heat advisory won’t keep him from playing. I do like the tan he has gotten though, much better than the casper white he used to be. Overall, I am very supportive of this hobby. I know it is hard for him to balance a career and family, and then find time to indulge in something he really loves. I don’t ever want him to look back and wish he had done more of something.
The question everyone asks, over and over, “how does Michael like his new job?” The answer remains the same, “he loves it!” There are so many little perks and he seldom ever has to bring work home with him. He works in a laid back atmosphere and I have yet to see him stressed out. Maybe he isn’t programming all day, maybe he is just playing Tetris, whatever the case, he is happy and the paychecks are coming in, so we’re all happy!
As for me, I find joy in the simple things, a good phone call, a favorite t/v show, taking pictures (capturing memories), trying out a new recipe, writing in my blog, Michael’s grilling, squeezing in some play dates and girl time, a good work out, a nice tan, a new lipstick, a clean house, and just your basic family life. I am not complicated. I like my coffee every morning and my sweet tea in the afternoon. I’m just a Southern Belle you know, with boot cut jeans and a sick affinity for reality t.v.
I’m looking forward to a fall filled with the usual fun….the girls starting a new Mommys Day Out program at the Methodist church a couple of miles down the road(B will go 3 days a week and A will go 2 days a week) http://www.smithfieldumc.org/discover.htm, their birthdays, Halloween, the MADONNA concert with Kristyn in Houston 11-16-08, Thanksgiving, Christmas, cooler weather, and then I get to start the year off right in Jan. 09 with the Celine Dion concert with Becca.
I have decided to put my Master’s degree on hold. I found that my heart wasn’t in it and that I was possibly doing it for the wrong reasons. It was far from mental health type work and my heart always goes back to wanting to help others. I do not work at this time but a part time something in my field is something I am hoping to add to my routine.
I have concluded in all of my reflecting that my happiness comes from perspective, with all things. How good my day will be depends on how positive my perspective is. I have a lot of philosophy about a lot of life and I am deepened by the people who surround me. It has been an interesting ride from March 07 to August 08, but at least I have something to talk about!






