Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Reunited, the blog

The pics below are of Kelli, her husband James and their two gorgeous little ones- Kennedie and Colton. You know I don't name names unless I am given permission and I'm glad she let me post these and their names. I haven't stopped talking about the homecoming. You never know how something is going to affect you until you see it unfold. I do have a new appreciation for the military in general. I wasn't ever going to tie a yellow ribbon on my car antenna just because every other soccer mom was doing it. However, I feel a stronger desire to learn about what is going on in the world. Being a ditzy blonde is only going to get me so far. I don't have to fully understand what I learn, but ignorance hasn't done anything good for me. I may not be joining any political parties anytime soon or what have you-- but telling everyone who will listen how beautiful it was to see a family reunite, about how difficult that time was on Kel, how strong she was anyway, how unfair I thought it was, how full of faith and hope she was anyway, and how much I got to grow vicariously through her-- I'm pretty sure that was not a sentence. Fragment? Oh well, its MY blog, I get to write like a moron.