Friday, February 15, 2008

serious idiots

Happy belated Valentines! The day that tells us to be loving and buy a present! Hey how about some flowers on a random day in July? Well, of course I love any reason to surprise my babies, but I didn't go crazy- a couple books, markers and post it notes. They are easy to please. I got Mikey like five different magazines I thought he might like and some protein bars. In return, he didn't gripe when I told him I bought myself a new watch. :) Mommy seldom gets herself anything nice or new. So, thank you and you're welcome!

The other day I had to take my teenage son, I mean, my husband to the dr. b/c he has a knee injury. He'll most likely have to have surgery. While in the tiny room, Ashlee m. got anxious and so the two of us went to the waiting room. When Michael met us again, he had already paid and said they charged him $50 due to a deductible. What? I've been the dr and pediatrician's 3 times in two weeks and it was a $20 copay. So I march up to the desk, yes march and question the charges. They were like, "well he said he probably had not met his deductible so we charged for a portion of it". I said, "he doesn't know what he is talking about or doing" (he is standing right next to me by the way). The one lady gave a look and turned around like she couldn't believe I said that in front of him. But its true. I couldn't leave him alone for 5 minutes and he had given away $50! Michael says, "they said it will be returned to us if we over paid". Oh yes, b/c insurance companies are on top of their game and love cutting checks and paying people!
Then from there we go to the bank and I deposit a check. The teller says there will be a 5 day hold. I said, "why, I've deposited a check like this before, that makes no sense".
Teller "Just call your main branch in Fort Worth and they will remove the hold, we are a shared branch and we have to do this"
Me "Oh okay"
Michael "You are on a roll w/ arguing w/ people today"
Me "No, I'm just fighting for what is right!"
Michael "OHHH- You are?! You Hero!"
Me- hits him.

Yesterday I went to mall to return my CHI flat iron for my hair b/c after months of comparing to other's CHIs, I decided mine was defective and not getting as hot as it should. For a $100+ product, it ought to fry bacon. I thought the receipt was still in the box, I glanced in and there it was. So me and the girls marched to the mall (yes, again with the marching) and the guy asked for my receipt, I hand it to him and in his most feminine tone he says, "Uh, this is a GAP receipt". WHAT! NO! I looked at it 5 times in disbelief. I said, "well regardless, I bought it here, its in the box and it doesn't work properly"
Feminine boy"well w/o a receipt we can't do an exchange"
blah blah blah, he tells me to come back and talk to the manager in 20 min.
So I do and she gives me the same story and that CHI may not consider this a defect. Um, I call BS on that. I think they consider themselves better than a Revlon straightener. Basically, I wasn't budging and said I'd be upset to have to call CHI directly to get a better product, when all this dumb store would have to do is give me a new one and send back my old one for a refund or whatever. Finally, I see her look me up and down, thank god we were all dressed nice, my make up was on, etc.. and she trades out my CHI!! I thanked her sincerely, still a little annoyed at her disregard for my situation. I'm really sorry that she is that manager of Trade Secret and probably hates customers like me, but the customer is always right. If I spend money in your store that my husband works hard for, then I am going to get justice.

The moral of the story is that 9 times out of 10 I am correct. You have to keep in mind that idiots are running things and if you aren't smarter than them, you will get screwed. I hide behind my blonde streaks, but do not be fooled- my knowledge is not to be tampered with.