Man, I was just thinking about my last post and hoping I didn't offend any hyper active Christians. That being said, you just have to keep in mind I am an open book. If I censor myself, the blog would not be as interesting (yes, in my head I'm interesting). I would say a good way to define me is that I'm half soccer mom and half inner rebellious- always trying to seep out. I'm not a 100% sure where it all comes from but I do believe we are an eclectic, tangled mess of all of our previous experiences. I think it dates back to birth. Yay, more deep thoughts from the Candyland. The big challenge is not allowing certain experiences to define who I am today. I'm always a motherless daughter, a child of an alcoholic, and someone who searches for love anywhere I can get it. This is probably why I have a lot of friends, and not just acquaintances, but the kind of people that just love me inside and out, and vice versa. I also define myself as a big sis-- because, besides Michael and the girls, Kristyn is a very deep part of me. I do not do well without her near me. We are not designed to be a part. Luckily we both have husbands who understand this dependency. I would dare anyone to say it isn't healthy after all we have been through together. She isn't just a best friend, she has a spot in my soul that is always thriving, right next to my babies and michael. It is one of the oldest spots in my soul, as she turns 25 in March! On her B-day I'll write a better tribute.
So yesterday, me and the girls went to the mall. I need a few staple clothing items and I usually get to do this around tax season. Its when I give myself permission to indulge just a little bit. For just a moment, it is a high, a temporary happiness that I don't entertain often. I am not a shopper. I do not like to try on clothes, I get hot and sweaty, and I just give up. I have adopted the idea though that a few nice pieces is better than a closet full of Old navy and target clothes that stretch out and wear out in a few months. I watch "what not to wear" so I'm pretty much a fashion expert now. hehe. So the girls were being so good, and I knew they were getting restless, so we head towards the pretzel place. Of course we have to dodge 18 stands of people I can't understand offering to straighten my hair, scrub my hands, put jewelry on me, offer cell phone covers (tacky). Its like little Mexico in there "CHICLETS CHICLETS!!?? FIVE CENT FIVE CENT"
What has happened to the American mall? The straightener one really confused me, I had already straightened my hair for the day. Are they blind? So not only do they not speak English, but they are blind and deaf too. So, we stand at the pretzel counter for several minutes, no one came. So we went next door to the cookie place, where me and and another mom stood there watching one guy cut dough and another girl take a cake order. Again, blindness? So, I start my large sighing and rolling my eyes. Finally, after about 4 minutes of this guy ignoring us, he takes our order. CUSTOMER SERVICE WHERE HAVE YOU GONE? I just remember checking groceries, or working in 100 degree heat at Six Flags, or waitressing for 4 years and I was about as friendly as they came! You had never seen a girl happier to check your groceries, ask for your I.D., paper or plastic, help out to your car, price check, oh you forgot milk? I'll go get it! I didn't do this because I thought I could advance in a career there, I did it because it was my job and I am innately a happy person. Where are the other Candices in the world? Now, don't get me wrong, the people at Target are pretty friendly (as long as you are not returning something) and Kroger seems to have some nice people working there but at the mall or walmart or most places- forget it.
Hey guess what- I'm seeing Celine Dion with my girl Becca in Jan.09. We have great seats and the countdown is on- Celine in Dallas! Yay!! Thanks Becca. You made my year!
Peace out yall.
New Project
12 years ago






