Thursday, January 31, 2008

Its NOT called a cold

I have what?
In case you’ve been noticing, me and sick don’t go well together. But, since I failed to get better over the weekend and all OTC drugs failed to do what they advertised, I was forced to seek the care of my primary care physician. I haven’t been sick like this the whole time we have lived in Houston. Most of the time its NOT an infection and I just sound bad i.e. like a man, etc. This time, it is Bronchitis. Hmmm, where is that other wife when we need her? I‘ve been agitated, no one is here to “feel my head” or “bring me my meds” and so on. In fact, and now I’m really quoting, Michael said, “Its called having a cold Candice” when I whined and complained about how I was not getting better on Sunday night. My exact words to him were, “You don’t know that, it could be walking pneumonia or bronchitis”. Never let a woman’s intuition fool you, she is always right, especially when it comes to her body.
It is now Thursday and I’m amazed at the slow progression my body is taking to feel better. I do feel better, still not 100%. Expect me to whine about this until it is completely gone because as you know- Candice plus sick equals hell. It is why I get so depressed when I’m pregnant b/c the sickness is overwhelming. I am very accustomed to being active and even if I don’t leave the house, getting a lot accomplished. So yes, I have felt a bit down the past few days, naturally, as it has been difficult taking care of the girls and myself. Today, though, I am better enough that I went to Target for a few groceries and better enough to BLOG.
Yesterday, I was ranting to Michael about him being home “on time” whatever that means, because I cooked for the first time in a week, and how oh so weak I was and still dizzy, yet slaving over the stove for our dinner. He said, ‘hang on, I know its here somewhere, maybe I dropped it’ and before I let him finish- “I know- your worlds smallest violin!! Brat!”. Click.

Daily Thoughts
Are my kids going to get sick?
Poor Britney, when is she going to get help?
I wonder what time Michael will be home, there is like a 3 hour window frame.
My house is a mess. Who lives like this?
I need to remind Michael to clean out the cat box. I do everything else, even while sick, I don’t think he’ll mind. I’ve managed to sucker him in to it the last few times. I’m on a roll.
Does Griffin know I’m sick, he hasn’t barfed in a week, that’s odd.
I wonder what Rosie O'Donnel is doing right now.
Why does it sound like my house is about to blow away during high winds? Its scary.
Why is it so humid here? I'm sweating and I'm not even moving.
Why does Ashlee throw toilet paper shreds and her socks in the tub when I’m taking a bath? Just to make my job as mother harder? Well, nice try, but those socks can sit on the floor sopping wet for a week before I’ll care enough to pick them up. They weren’t even matching, so that tells you I didn’t care about your sock issue when I put them on. One brown, one pink. So.
I wonder why Brookelyn doesn’t stay in her bed all night? I’m out of bribes.
I wish Dr. Phil would go off the air.
I wonder what Madonna is doing right now?
What is on t.v tonight?
Am I bored enough to watch The View?
I wish 48 Hours was having a marathon right now.
Why am I obsessed with 48 hours?
I wish I had a cookie to eat right now.